Find
Notify
Tools

Permission Granted!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I've just gotten the A-OK from a kind landowner to pursue small game including yotes and foxes on a bordering property! This is going to be an exciting addition to my daily routine.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, won't that be a hootin' tooter! Good for you Ann, I am jealous at my computer!

Just because I like to consider ALL the angles before leaping, it was only today that I linked to your website. I was pleased to find that you met all of my expectations! You represent yourself well in your prose. And wouldn't you know, my wifey has red hair!

Speaking of prose, I've a new one here, one so deliciously appropriate to this forum it leaves me delirious with mirth. To those that must wrap themselves in dismay as they accept our world here as reality, I give you.......

SARCHASM: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

I am merry at my keyboard!

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.Waxing.POEtic

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just a small question, Ann. Is the property appropriately sized for the use of air delivered Fuel-Air Explosives? (FAE, or MOAB)

I might be able to get a C-130 crew together to fly that mission and service that target, if so.

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Um, well, no it's not. Besides, since it borders mine I'd like to keep the natural cover growing there. There are som other animals in there I want to leave be, like the deer who might have dinner potential someday. There are also some Cooper's Hawks that are pretty cool to watch so I would want them to have their home base too.

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Taurus Bill
posted Hide Post
Hey Miss Ann, I got a few of those C-130s with the skis on them, I could set up a resupply flight once the snow sets in! What else would you be needing besides beans, bourbon and bullets?

Posts: 179 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 28 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Bill,

Well, some good gin and fresh limes would be preferable to the bourbon! I am a G&T woman.

We don't get much sunshine in the winter so bring a lot of that too. Oh and some mosquito repellant. There are so many of them this summer I don't think the winter will kill 'em off!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ann, there is another thread somewhere around here about the mosquito magnets that may interest you. I have one myself but the primary target is sand gnats, or No-seeums as they are know by crackers and their descendants. I found early in life that they(blood sucking bugs) prefer some people to others, and while planning a trip into their lair I like to include one of those types in my entourage. Works splendidly for me.

Something I've always wanted to find out about in this regard is whether or not they have tendancies toward cannabalism, ie., will they suck those that suck on others. To that end I hope to find some hard core Dimocrats to volunteer for my research, hopefully committed enough to submit to nude bondage(not unlike the pose recently struck by Bakes) in the salt marshes etc. I think it only a matter of finding enough such dedicated twits that I can achieve critical mass, and the rest of us can live full and prosperous lives without the annoyance of Nature's natural left wing. Perhaps after a defined period the 'crats will have learned something about the true order of things and be cured of their accursed and wretched beliefs. 'Tis a shame that cats are not suitable for this, but in fact few of them are of liberal persuasion.

At your service,

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.StephenKings.Nightmare

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toolmaker
posted Hide Post
I started the mosquito thread because of the vicious maneating mosquito's they have in NJ(old joke: What's the NJ state bird? The Mosquito!)and my brother and his family are getting eaten alive... As for your "cannabilism" hypothesis, I have only this to add: Demoncraps turn on each other in a heartbeat if it serves them, what makes you think a mosquito would turn down a free meal?

Toomaker

Posts: 1000 | Location: in the shop as usual | Registered: 03 April 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dan, someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I seem to recall there is a small Minnesota village that has a summer mosquito festival wherein, the contestant who withstands the savage local bugs the longest, nearly naked, wins a beer. Winners often get free transfusions, too.

Posts: 23 | Location: USA transient | Registered: 27 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ned, I've heard of that ritual, but never quite thought of it as fun. Makes me think a couple of things though, one being they really don't have that many skeeters up there. Another is that if the girls were careful about what parts were uncovered they might put a dent in the cash flow for the United Breast Augmentors of America. Now if they hanker for some real improvement they need to trot down here to Yankeetown. There are some serious suckers down here, especially in the winter.

BOZONE: The substance surrounding stupid people that stops bright ideas from penetrating.

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.GreatBig.Suckers

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Far Out!

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote