THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    New katzenboomengutzenbludensplittergemacher

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New katzenboomengutzenbludensplittergemacher
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted
I'm selling off my AR15 for something a little more appropriate to hunt lawn leopards with.

http://www.viersco.com/

Whattya think of these?

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
Very nice thumbClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That oughta do the trick...might be a bit loud for the neighborhood, but hey, the neighbors would likely be deaf so all they could do is point. rotflmo I smell a bit of Darryl Cassell with the .338 version... Cool Dunno if the gun will do it, but the cartridge is good on elk out to 2000+ with the 300 SMK. Question is, could you prove you killed a crat afterwards? Another: Can you afford the brass? It takes near about 70kpsi to get those velocities with that rig, and barrel life isn't forever.

Oh well, it is one of many paths to follow...hell of a prairie dog gun though. Wink

Dan

POTYHC

www.AskGordieGritters.HeShootsSomethingLikeThat

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picey but very nice. Can you really put a price on seeing a crat shot with this?

Or this?

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Personally I like to see them geshotted with an ar und ballistic tips. I can't see red mist over 200 yards anyhow.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems a bit of overkill, unless:
You can get them to line up 20 or 30 in a row OR
Precious is sitting in mommy's lap, 5 blocks away.

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
I like purpose built weapons. That would make a nice long range cougar gun. I have never enjoyed being close to cougars, especially when they are stalking you. The cougars around here now associate gun fire with dead deer and elk and sometimes get to the kill before you do.

I went varmint hunting with a fellow that once we got set up and I was just about to start calling he fired off
one round, grinned, and started scanning the horizon. I saw a blur in the sagebrush about 15 minutes later but
couldn't verify if it was a cougar. I have more luck with fawn distress calls in the spring.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'd heard the same thing elsewhere, that mountain lions are getting bolder and it serves you well to keep your eyes peeled.
The last issue of Varmint Hunter magazine has a real good article about some fellows getting eat up by bobcats, fer crying out loud. Makes the long range extermination idea sound wise.