THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    155 gr. 8mm Mauser . . . Good Load For Cat Hunters

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

155 gr. 8mm Mauser . . . Good Load For Cat Hunters
 Login/Join

<.>
posted
-- No, not for hunting cats, for shooting cat hunters.

8mm Mauser has been proved to drop humans at 700 yds or more. It's great sport.

I'm getting real god damned tired of the cat shooting threads.

<Copperhead>
posted
LOL ..You're right dude.. that's not a very good cat load. ..180grain 8mm Mauser makes chop suwei outta cats!! ..and while they can be shot at long distances.. it's bloody hard to beat POINT BLANK!!!

-Just playin with ya..

-----------------
COPPerhead

one of us
Picture of 308winchester
posted Hide Post
Genghis

Do you think my 308 with 185grain Laupa Mega will do?
Or do I need something a bit more flattshoting to hit a cat killer?

I think I'll get a skeetchoke for my shotgun, and use 24gram of #10 shot insted. Will be a real "pain in the ass" for anyone that shoot my cat or my dog.

An by the way it's posible to keep one or two of this wonderfull little hunters and still like hunting and guns and not be a liberal.

Johan

Posts: 1082 | Location: Middle-Norway (Veterinary student in Budapest) | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
<.>
posted
Not into hunting.

No qualms about shooting people who threaten me and mine. They have the option of curbing their behavior.

I like guns.

I'm a little bit left of Karl Marx.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Genghis what about feral cats ??

Seriously not trying to pull your chain, by feral I mean cats living in the bush no owner etc. ??

[ 08-03-2002, 01:27: Message edited by: PC ]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am just asking because you have not voiced your opinion on Feral cats.

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
I'd like to read that response too. Just so you know genghis,,,I've never shot/killed anyones pet cat and don't intend to start.Thats the biggest reason I havent used conibear traps to remedy these overgrown rats. If you had the situation i've been dealing with you might see things differently.

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Okay Ghengis, for the last time we are talking FERAL CATS, not pets okay. FERAL FERAL FERAL FERAL FERAL!!!!!! I know it's hard to see this when your heads up your a@# but I guess thats a good thing because if thats where your heads at then it's gonna be pretty damn hard for you to shoot me with that ol' 8MM isn't it? Yeah your such a tough guy with those threats.

Posts: 1257 | Location: Colusa CA U.S.A. | Registered: 27 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
On top of it all the damn things don't really keep the rodent populations down much more than the time before the assholes dumped them off around here,I still need to buy the same amount of rodenticide to protect the $300,000 of seed I manage a year with or without the "domesticated overgrown rats" Supposedly mousing. If the things would quit pissing all over everything I'd might tolerate them a bit more.And all cats seem to live for that function.If I wanted to smell piss and #%$& all day i'd be running a dairy farm. Also,,if one shows up,,it seems there's eight or nine more young ones appearing on the scene sooner than later

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genghis:
-- No, not for hunting cats, for shooting cat hunters.

8mm Mauser has been proved to drop humans at 700 yds or more. It's great sport.

I'm getting real god damned tired of the cat shooting threads.

This is at least the 2nd thread YOU have started to this effect. You ever think if you stop they might????????? [Confused]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
Nowhere in the "catshooting" threads has anyone said they were going to track Genghis down and kill his family pets . Most posters have taken great pains to stress the feral cat is the target , through necessity. The only one with some kind of consistant hangup about cats is the starter of this and at least one other thread .

I suspect that Genghis is playing mindgames with us , start a thread with an outrageous statement and sit back to see the results .Aside from the lack of intelligent conversation ( read downright rude language ) that sometimes appears from Genghis I suspect that we are playing completely into his hands .

I say ignore him. If no one responds then he cant have an argument with himself now can he ? [Wink]

Posts: 4456 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
<pshooter>
posted
Did I hear someone say an animals life is worth more than a HUMANS?? BETTER GET A GRIP BUBU CAUSE YOU'RE ONE STEP AWAY FROM THE NUT HOUSE!!MVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I just thought it would be fun to dredge up something from the past. Cool A little perspective and such. The character "<.> is Ghengis...this one dates from the beginning of the conversion from Small Game Forum to Crat Forum. Thanks Ghengis! thumb

Dan

POTYHC

www.LooseNut.NeedsTorqueWrench

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Dan,
This was all before my time.
What do you mean, conversion from small game forum to crat forum?
Also, one of the replies to the original post went on and on about distiguishing between feral cats and pets. Is that distinction important or is that something that fell by the wayside as this forum evolved? My only requirement is that they be on my property. I'd hate to offend anyone!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDan:
I just thought it would be fun to dredge up something from the past. Cool A little perspective and such. The character "<.> is Ghengis...this one dates from the beginning of the conversion from Small Game Forum to Crat Forum. Thanks Ghengis! thumb

Dan

POTYHC

www.LooseNut.NeedsTorqueWrench

Dan,
Whatever happenned to ghengis? The bunny humping antics I have read were verwy interwesting. Was he banned?

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
has anyone said they were going to track Genghis down and kill his family pets .

This was way afore me.
What a douche bag?

As to the above statement,is this a BAD thing?

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
I just spent the day with an independently, self-avowed cat killer. He agrees with me that the difference between a pet and a feral cat is whether it is not on the "owners" property.

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Cat owners typically indicate that their cat(s) own them in reality. Feral cats are those not inside the house tending to their pets and are thus subject to sanctions.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote