THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Judge Spares Life of Lewis the Cat

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Judge Spares Life of Lewis the Cat
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Warbird
posted
Judge Spares Life of Lewis the Cat
By PAT EATON-ROBB, Associated Press Writer
Tue Jun 20, 7:57 PM

BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - A state judge on Tuesday spared the life of Lewis the cat, whose vicious attacks on neighbors landed his owner in court, but the terrorizing tomcat was ordered confined to the house at all times.

"There are no exceptions. None," Judge Patrick Carroll told Lewis' owner, Ruth Cisero.

If Lewis gets out, even accidentally, Cisero could face up to 6 months in prison, and Lewis' fate would be in the hands of animal control officers.

Cisero had faced a charge of reckless endangerment because neighbors complained that the black and white cat's long claws and stealth had allowed it to attack at least a half-dozen people. Some who were bitten and scratched ended up seeking treatment at hospitals.

The judge ordered Cisero to complete two years of probation, after which her record will be expunged.

Cisero had fought to keep Lewis, and rejected a previous probation deal because it was contingent on euthanizing the cat.

"I never thought it would come to this," she said. "It's been an absolute nightmare. It's ruined my life."

The cat's case has drawn national attention, with Lewis appearing in People magazine and on his own page on MySpace.com. A Utah animal sanctuary offered to take the cat, but Eugene Riccio, Cisero's attorney, said Lewis enjoys life in southern New England and wants to stay.

-Jamie

Posts: 50 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
It's a shame Lewis never attacked anyone down in these parts ...

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And, how many of us saw that coming?

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
You know, sometimes I think we are targeting the wrong kinds of varmints....

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fritz Kraut
posted Hide Post

The case have had international attension. It was mentioned in the swedish newspaper Svenska Dagbladet today: http://www.svd.se/dynamiskt/utrikes/did_12990935.asp
Headline: Crat terrorizes american small town.

Here we have some good swedish medicine for such nice little critters:

Yours sincerly,

Fritz

The true and only Fritz Kraut

Posts: 846 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Your post has the flavor of the recent headline, "Judge frees alleged child rapist because DA is 45 minutes late for court". Somehow I just cannot believe the Founding Fathers would have put up with ANY of this ****, cat, or person, or lawyer.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
killpc

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
panzerguy,
You are 100% right.

As much as I detest crats, my real emnity is saved for the people who purrrr about how much they love fluffy and how he's one of the family. Then they toss him outside to do God-knows-what. Then they have the gall to piss and whine when sensible people have to deal with the problem.

I love America, but this is a real symptom of a society losing ground to a legion of gibbering toads from an alternate reality.

One of Us
Picture of Crimson Mister
posted Hide Post
What pisses me off more than the owner trying to save Fluffy's life is the fact that the first person attacked didn't do their duty and see to it that Lewis couldn't do it again. I'd have chased the little bastard into his own house to whack him. These people remind me of those folks sittin' on their roofs in the Big Easy waitin' on the government to come fix things. Mad

Some people are a lot like Slinkies: They're not good for much but it's kind of fun to push them down a flight of stairs.

Posts: 772 | Location: Norwalk, Wisconsin | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
BAH! That what Li carr buffaro prop. Ti ti garic, add ginger and water chestnut. No more cat probrem. Serves 6. Some peopre have much time on hands. Li not know how much this weigh but must be beau coup. Arr work reave no brood for brain. Make peopre do sirry thing.

Li go now, sing "Cat and the Ladre" by Cat Stevens. See arr GIs soon! wave

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Uh DL! That's Yusuf Islam. Kind of the way John Walker Lindh is now johnny taliban.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Crimson Mister
Too Bloody Right!

Put Lewis on a sharp stick, run him up the ass of the fluffyhumper in question, then blast him.

Don't mean to get too mental. Dealing with a good neighbor gone fluffyhumper and it puts me in a fissionable mood!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure Mr. Islam ever sang "The Cat and the Ladle" in any case. Roll Eyes Could be mistaken about that, there's a gap in my rock memory spanning '69-'72. Confused Too busy makin' news to read about it at the time. salute

Dan

POTYHC

www.AndCussin.WalterCronkite

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't mean to get too mental. Dealing with a good neighbor gone fluffyhumper and it puts me in a fissionable mood!

brassb--since you have a fluffy-humpin' neighbor, see the post "It Takes All Kinds" as it might be your neighbor.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"