New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gub'mint job shooting Cats!!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here it is, folks! Your dream job!!! From the KBR website.

Requisition #175257 - Vector Controller

Posting Date: July 05, 2005 Posting End Date: August 05, 2006
Product Line: Government Operations
Sub-Product Line: Contingency Operations
Job Category: Logistics/Supply
*Learn more about Logistics/Supply Opportunities*
Employment Type: Project Hire
Target Salary Range: N/A
Job Description:
The qualified candidate will implement the application of Integrated Pest Management (IPM) methods in a Military environment for the control of Insects, Rodents, Feral Animals and Certain Vegetation. The application of EPA Registered and DoD Approved products for the control and prevention of insects and certain vegetation will be done on an as-needed basis. Position will require the tracking, trapping, tranquilizing and transportation of feral animals (Jackals, Foxes, Wild Dogs, Cats, etc???) Position requires some heavy lifting and some night work. Applicant must have valid Drivers License and Certified Applicators License or DoD Category 8 Certification in Public Health. Minimum 3-5 years experience required. Prior military a plus. Must have a valid DoD or a state license as a ???certified applicator???. DoD licensees must be certified in categories 6, 7, and 8. State licensees must have certification in the general pest category.

Skills (Required):
Health and Safety Management
Pest Control
Clearance Required? No
Years of Relevant Experience: 2 to 5

Posts: 1128 | Location: Iowa, dammit! | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
Who do I pay to get this job, and how much?

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
I'm already doing that without official recognition. How about just sending the check to my account here, and by the way make sure to include the bonus for last years quota. A new rifle or two and plenty ammo would be timely too. Don't forget the endangerous species hazard pay.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Marterius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Position will require the tracking, trapping, tranquilizing and transportation of feral animals (Jackals, Foxes, Wild Dogs, Cats, etc???)

Are they going to trap and relocate ferals while they are killing insurgents? bewildered

-----------------------
A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition. - R. Kipling

Posts: 2068 | Location: Goteborg, Sweden | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Wow. This job is the perfect one for this burned out lawyer. This job would restore the gleam to my eye, the roseyness to my cheeks! I wonder if I can claim disability (sheesh, you know, there are too many lawyers already - let's retrain some to become productive citizens!) and be retrained by the state for this!
Hee Hee hee

you can't cure stupid

Posts: 31 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 04 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
You sure may claim disability. A good lawyer could help you make it stick.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote