Find
Notify
Tools

A Barrage of Cats
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted
For quite a while I've been working on an WCD(Weapon of Cat Destruction) using various homemade prototypes to transport a cat or multiple cats to their destruction. My modified trampoline had a range of four miles, but alas, could only launch one cat at a time. Using stacked charges and multiple charges my cat mortar could launch three cats sequentially at one firing but only had a range of 200 yards. I never got enough financial backing to build a WWII Russian style multi-barreled crat blaster, but still have the plans. So I have started thinking about a launching(dropping) platform in inner space as the starting point of a new design. Now the British developed the barrage balloon in WWI from the American observation balloon of the Civil War to defend areas and to restrict the use of airspace by aircraft. I heard many exciting tales of the U.S. Balloon Corp from an actual Army veteran, A Mr. "Pappy" Wilberts, who told me of his wartime experience. He has passed to his reward these many years, but I still think much of him. Now a barrage baloon is tethered and in the early days was sometimes outfitted for an observer and a gunner, as a dual purpose weapon. Now I could hardly drop a basket full of crats fron a balloon I had tied down somewhere, even though the release of the crats could easily be accomplished by remote control. The answer to my problem was to release the balloon from its mooring once loaded with cats, and allow it to drift to the place where I wanted to deliver the barrage, like the empty spaces of the western state where the coyotes would want the cats for lunch. Or maybe to Yankeetown where there could be a Gator and Cat show in the afternoons, once the gators got used to it raining cats. Or maybe even release the crats where there was a shortage for some reason, like the north slope, or perhaps Maryland or West Virginia. I JUST COMPLETED THE MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS on dropping a barrage of cats of various amounts at varioue places and am prepared to do so if enough subscribers to the venture can be found. For $9.99 and two cats of any kind or size sent to me postpaid, I will undertake to bombard an area determined by popular vote with cats. I'll adveritse this amazing offer here for a few months, before going public. Here is your chance to do something good with your kitties.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Holmes, will you be accepting international bulk orders?

beer

Cheers

Zaitsev

Posts: 188 | Location: staffordshire | Registered: 30 August 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or maybe even release the crats where there was a shortage for some reason, like the north slope, or perhaps Maryland or West Virginia.

N.S. , as soon as I figure out the co-ordinates, I two barrages(flaming-cluster type) let lose on my Brudder-N-Laws property.

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ned, you have given me another lofty idea! You know doubt know about booby traps and set snares. How about a combination of a set snare, loop type, and a bait pile. Crat comes in to bait, get snagged by the noose and whisked away into the heavens by your hydrogen filled balloon. Quick, quiet and efficient. Bonus? No evidence and no noise! thumb derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Derf, you have to be sending those kinds of ideas to me by PM. If they were to fall into the wrong hands or be seen by people without scrupulosity the results could be very, very dangerous.

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I was thinkin' about a multi city daisy chain of foot snares, all hooked to one of those Canaveral rockets. What a bizarre evening news clip that would be....

Dan

POTYHC

www.TisA.FineLineBetwixtGeniusAndInsanity

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
Derf, you have to be sending those kinds of ideas to me by PM. If they were to fall into the wrong hands or be seen by people without scrupulosity the results could be very, very dangerous.

Ah yes, but if the info is general knowledge then who do the authorities point the finger at when there is no evidence since it floated away? Big Grin derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote