THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SMALL GAME HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Small Game Hunting    Can anyone recommend a good PH for a Squirrel Safari

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can anyone recommend a good PH for a Squirrel Safari
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of crl
posted
Just curious about booking a good squirrel safari.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

Posts: 379 | Location: MN | Registered: 29 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of panzerguy
posted Hide Post
Lets go shootin' now,
Ev'ry bodies learnin' how
C'mon a safari with me!

Yeah, squirrel safari, yeah squirrel safari....

Posts: 278 | Location: Wherever I park my tank | Registered: 09 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, come see me when the squill season opens next year. Bring a trailer load of pellets for your airgun or a bunch of CB's...I'll supervise from the balconey while drinking...something. thumb You can sit beside me and drink something too. Sight your gun at 30 feet or so, 'bout a 45* angle DOWN. Or up. It wouldn't matter 'ceptin' you'll be shooting down.

Dan

POTYHC

www.BringDrinksOR.LooseWimmen

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
You can sit beside me and drink something too. Sight your gun at 30 feet or so, 'bout a 45* angle DOWN. Or up. It wouldn't matter 'ceptin' you'll be shooting down.

Can't beat a deal like that. Wink

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
DD, What is your daily rate. What is the trophy quality of the Squirrels in your concession? I like what I am hearing about your operation and think I would like "hunt" with ya.

crl

The average man's love of liberty is nine-tenths imaginary. It takes a special sort of man to understand and enjoy liberty; and he is usually an outlaw in democratic societies.

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
Now wait jest a dang minute! Safaris are usually conducted in africa, in impoverished despotic countries for nabobs and high officials of successful sporting goods companies, or their gun writing buddies. Sittin' on the back porch drinkin' beer an' shootin yer 22 at the cans you toss out there in the yard is more fun. Do not walk very close to the buzzin palmettos in Florida when squirrel hunting. THat last is a tip.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crl:
Just curious about booking a good squirrel safari.

Paging Mr Mortie. We got a customer for ya Big Grin

one of us
Picture of worriedman
posted Hide Post
I have a deal with the squills at my place, stay off the bird feeder and stay alive, otherwise...a measured 18' from the utility room window (where my strap on foam shotgun rest spends most of the year, outside of turkey season, wife bitches that it does not match the décor, but it sure is handy there) to the feeder. The darned things have to climb out on a limb, slide down a 6' wire, catch themselves on a domed top and by the shear force of will and toenails catch the bottom tray as they slide off the top. The ugliest pellet gun in the world, stock got broken in the move form TX, I fixed it with a couple pieces of white sheet metal, a through bolt and some duct tape, put the cross hairs of the scope on the eye, and one more tail for Mepps. I am surrounded by oaks, hickories and mulberry trees, so a never ending supply of squill.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress." Mark Twain

Posts: 742 | Location: West Tennessee | Registered: 27 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is your daily rate.

Depends if you're payin' with whiskey or loose wimmen. A 1/5 or 2. Daily.

Trophy quality? Confused You want I'll put some little horns on 'em first...never considered the concept of trophy quality befer. Just grey tree rats, boys and girls, kids and grandparents mebbe. Hawks thin 'em down now and then, owls too. Me as well but I'd probably let that go for a trophy hunt. Ya want full curl ram horns or something like an elk rack? Unicorn horns? How 'bout some corn on the clay trap and you get some flyin' squill?

I don't clean 'em neither. I drink, you clean. I'll give advice if you like. Wink BTW, you CAN head shoot a squill at longer distances, right? I got a good Leupy on Bob, and some BTs....takes care of the cleanin' chore but it has to be 100 yards or more. Drift and drop tables provided, zero at 275 yards. Bullets are .75 each.

Gator wrasslin' is fun. It's extra too. thumb I'll hook you up with Lulu for the right price. She's gettin' kind of slow in her sunset years, but hey, she's got 14' of attitude so don't take it too lightly! shame

Dan

POTYHC

www.NotLikeThemSissy.SeminolesEither

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
When does the season open? Will they be racing at Sebring anytime then? Are your squirrels big enough for a rug for Ken and Barbie? Should I keep a slug in the 20 ga barrel of my Savage 24 in case one charges? Gator wrestling sounds interesting...in Gainsville: on campus or off/individually or the whole sorority?

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of poletax
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gator wrestling sounds interesting...in Gainsville: on campus or off/individually or the whole sorority?

By God ,thats what I'm talkin' about.

I'll bring the camera, you bring the Jello. Smiler

My Strength Is That I Can Laugh At Myself,
My Weakness Is That I have No Choice.

Posts: 5567 | Location: charleston,west virginia | Registered: 21 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of crl
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DigitalDan:
quote:
What is your daily rate.

Depends if you're payin' with whiskey or loose wimmen. A 1/5 or 2. Daily.

Trophy quality? Confused You want I'll put some little horns on 'em first...never considered the concept of trophy quality befer. Just grey tree rats, boys and girls, kids and grandparents mebbe. Hawks thin 'em down now and then, owls too. Me as well but I'd probably let that go for a trophy hunt. Ya want full curl ram horns or something like an elk rack? Unicorn horns? How 'bout some corn on the clay trap and you get some flyin' squill?

I don't clean 'em neither. I drink, you clean. I'll give advice if you like. Wink BTW, you CAN head shoot a squill at longer distances, right? I got a good Leupy on Bob, and some BTs....takes care of the cleanin' chore but it has to be 100 yards or more. Drift and drop tables provided, zero at 275 yards. Bullets are .75 each.

Gator wrasslin' is fun. It's extra too. thumb I'll hook you up with Lulu for the right price. She's gettin' kind of slow in her sunset years, but hey, she's got 14' of attitude so don't take it too lightly! shame

Dan

POTYHC

www.NotLikeThemSissy.SeminolesEither

Oh I will be paying in good single barrel bourbons. I would have assumed that the loose wimins was just part of the camp staff.

A good trophy squill is judged by the length of it' tail. I will take a case of that special ammo you have.

Thanks for the offer of the side trip for gator wrasslin. I will have to pass as I have to stay focused on baggin a squill that will place high in SCI books. (Squill Club International)

crl

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK then buddy. I'll start stretchin' them tales for you, er tails I meant. Make it Sour Mash if you don't mind, bourbon gives me indigestion somethin' fierce. Red Face

You guys are all right. Not many know that sorority gator wrasslin' is the town sport up there in Gainsberg. thumb Them Seminole sluts are just too damn prissy for my tastes. Tallahassee is kinda sorta one of those Liberal bedwetter communities anyway. Confused Lotsa crats up there though. Cool

Dan

POTYHC

www.SebringRunsDuring.TheOffSeason

one of us
Picture of 45LCshooter
posted Hide Post
I hear that the gators are more active in the warmer months. I may just forget the sqills and go for gators during atrip to Sebring (some day). Should i practice? Would tigers do (I hear they bite if you grab one by the tail)? Tusk-a-loosa is closer than Auburn but I just can't bring myself to type the mascot equivalent....

All that's gold does not glitter. Not all those who wander are lost.
--J.R.R. Tolkien

Never express yourself more clearly than you can think.
--Niels Bohr

Posts: 381 | Location: Kiowa, AL | Registered: 08 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N. S. Sherlock:
Now wait jest a dang minute! Safaris are usually conducted in africa, in impoverished despotic countries.

Well now, DD is retired and on pension so it follows that he is somewhat impoverished and since he is married, we can assume that he lives under a despotic ruler unless of course he denys that. But then he could be protesting because he is being threatened! Confused Wink derf

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote