Find
Notify
Tools

Take a kid hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted
Driving along some alfafa fields this weekend end and saw three kids stopped along side the road. They were acting kinda odd when I slowed down. I asked them what they were hunting and couldn't answer right away. Finally one kid said "ah, sage rats mister". I glanced out in the field and saw the largest dead sage rat I had ever seen. My binocs showed it to be a rare tabby sage rat. I gave the kids a stern look and got out of my truck. They got a bit nervous then. I reached back in the cab and got four cold cans of pop and gave one to each kid. I opened mine and said "Damn fine shooting". I reached back in my truck and got a brick of Winchester .22LR and gave it to the oldest kid. I told them to keep up the good work and that they ought to bury the oversized sage rat under a pile of rocks in the ditch. They still looked a bit nervous but when I drove off they high-fived each other. We should do all we can to encourage good shooting practices.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!

one of us
Picture of N. S. Sherlock
posted Hide Post
quote:

I knew you were a sporting man of the first order. Regards, N.S.

"Make yourselves sheep and the wolves will eat you" G. ned ludd

Posts: 2374 | Location: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: 27 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of claybuster
posted Hide Post
We might have to give you an honorary doctorate for that O.E.H.!!!!! CoolClay

Posts: 2119 | Location: woodbine,md,U.S.A | Registered: 14 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
HERE HERE!

Opportunity abounds, if only you look! Wink

Dan

Pres., TYHC

www.WinTheir.HeartsAndMinds

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote