New
Find
Notify
Tools

True Funny Story.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
So any way I was at the range the other day and sorta just plinking with different .22lr ammo. A gy in an old f-150 shows up. He walks over to me and talks the usual range gibberish...Hi, nice day, ect, ect. He goes back to his truck and gets an old semi-auto .22. Looks like one of those Sear Roebuck mail order deals. I got to talking to him about it, comes to be that it was given to him for free. It had no stock so he made one. He was sighting it in and grumbling about how it would not sight in. I gave him some remington Sub-Sonics to try. They seemed to work a little better. I asked him why he did not just put a cheap scope on it? He replied there was a crat he had to kill!! I almost laughed out loud. Then he said "yeah I gotta go to my buddies house while his wife is at work and pop their cat." I asked if it was feral and he said "no he just wants it gone." At this point I was busting a gut laughing. The timing of what he said and his demeanor was just right. You really had to be their to enjoy it as much as I did. So, since you were not there, Maybe this random picture will brighten your day.
LOOK AT ALL THOSE TARGETS

Posts: 412 | Location: Iowa, for now | Registered: 18 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Old Elk Hunter
posted Hide Post
Damn it .223 VV, your picture made my trigger finger go into convulsions. Every time I think of that photo my
arms come up to mount a non-existent rifle and my trigger finger starts contracting involuntarily! My mind is trying to remember where that non-existent extra magazine is. That's like pouring a glass of Guinness in front of an alcoholic.

RELOAD - ITS FUN!