New
Find
Notify
Tools

Redecorating ideas- the Mans nook
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
OK gents, the wife wants to paint some walls. Which gives me an opportunity to paint my trophy area. At the moment the walls are white, I've been looking through this page and on pintrest at some man caves/trophy rooms and have some ideas.

I'm leaning to a burgundy/ dark maroonish colour on one wall and one the other long wall I'm thinking of cladding it with reclaimed pallet wood (sanded and trimmed of course)The cladding will start about 1 meter off the floor and below that will be a hard wood beam with corrugated iron going down to the floor.

What do you think, give me some ideas.

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i guess it all boils down to personal preference and taste...and what look you are going for.

i love the dark deep red wall i have in my office. it really shows off my mule deer, and will show off a couple more shoulder mounts when i get them into the house.

red sucks to paint. i bought good, expensive paint, and it took 6 coats to cover the wall, and that was on top of a tinted primer specific for this paint. be warned Wink

i would think about what animals/artwork/euro's are going up, and what colors would look best behind them.

personally i do not like the pallet wood behind trophies, as i think the tans match too closely with some of my deer, but i have seen it done in others rooms where it looks really good. just depends on what you're putting on top of that wall.

i tried to pick colors that would complement each other on the wall, as well as compliment the animals, and not hide them or blend them with teh walls.

good luck on choosing, took me a month to decide!

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Like the wood and iron suggestion. Personally I like white and there are many shades available nowadays. Maybe an ivory white? Keeps the room bright and compliments those European mounts and your wood.

Burgundy is for old English pubs.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9865 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
This is what greets you as you walk through the front door- This is the wall I want to do in a darkish colour.

The wall with the warthog will be the clad one and the bar will start under the impala. I need some hunting (manly) curtains as well- The room has a fair bit of light as you can see.

A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Nothing against maroon, but a darker color will make the room feel smaller.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree, don't go super dark. I chose a color called hunters white for mine (a tan with a hint of green). Should be painting this winter, so no pics yet.

Posts: 167 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
A couple of colours I do't mind.

Like this colour AND this is the effect I want around the wall.