Find
Notify
Tools

how to hang a zebra
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of 64rcs
posted
Finally got my remodel done and am wondering how to hang my Zebra rug from the ceiling. I had it on the wall with 3M velco but took it off during the painting and it tore huge strips out of the sheetrock. Anyone here have an idea how to hang the rug from the ceiling? Was thinking of screwing in a piece of OSB to the ceiling then gluing/stapling the hide to it, but don't want to ruin the hide or discolor it in any way. Thoughts???

One of Us
Picture of BwanaCole
posted Hide Post
I was going to suggest a 13 coil hangman's knot but I see the dang thing is already dead Big Grin

Are you trying to hang it from the ceiling so that it hangs down like a giant flap?? I am having a hard time picturing what you are attempting. (Probably just me being a bit thick!)

H. Cole Stage III, FRGS
ISC(PJ), USN (Ret)

"You do not have a right to an opinion. An opinion should be the result of careful thought, not an excuse for it."

Harlan Ellison

" War is God's way to teach Americans geography." Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 378 | Registered: 28 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
frankly, i thought he was joking. hang a zebra rug from the ceiling?? really???

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 64rcs
posted Hide Post
My dad hung his zebra rug from the ceiling in his trophy room. Looks amazing. He has pine ceilings so the 3m tape stuck to it pretty good. Just picture the rug flat against the sheetrock towards the peak of a vaulted ceiling. Thats my plan. I just don't want it to sag. My current plan is to buy some 1/4" OSB and "outline" the Zebra with that. Use drywall screws to fasten the wood panel to the ceiling then somehow glue/stick the rug to it. I guess I will buy a bunch more of the velcro tape and try that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Let me know how this turns out. My son wants a zebra skin on his wall. I've struggled with how to do that and make it look nice. Perhaps hanging from the ceiling against the wall would be the way to go. My carpet backed rugs would be to heavy, but maybe a felt backed? Like I say, I'd like to hear what you work out.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote