New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best location for track lights?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm in the process of finishing my basement which will hold all my trophies. I'm planning on putting track lights along the walls where animals will be. My question is: How far out from the wall should I place the tracks? I was thinking that you would not want the tracks directly above the animals, so would it be reasonable to place them 4 ft out from the wall, or would you recommend going further out to increase the angle of the light source? Thanks for the help.

Posts: 66 | Location: North Georgia | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Find a good lighting store and ask them. Bring dimensions of the room and size and location of the trophies.There are an increasing number of lighting products on the market ; wide angle lights , spot lights , low voltage , various brightness, etc. You need decent overall lighting plus spots for the trophies. Take the time to research it and you'll be much happier.

one of us
Picture of Widowmaker416
posted Hide Post
You know, the best place for lighting and I know it can't be done there is on the floor shining up on to the mounts. When I do shows I always have lights about a foot off the floor shining up onto my mounts. What a great effect!

"America's Meat - - - SPAM"

As always, Good Hunting!!!

Widowmaker416

Posts: 1782 | Location: New Jersey USA | Registered: 12 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know if it can't be done....I've been looking for recessed lighting for a cement patio I'm building and there are some options. Check the stores.

the chef

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Main problem no matter where heads are mounted is ceiling height.

Depends on the kind of lights used too. Spots from two sides seem to work well.

Big moose heads don't work in a 7 ft ceiling though. Need to have the bottom most part at least 6" above anyone's head when walking/standing under them I feel.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5947 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote