Notify
Tools

Black Bear Full Body Mounts???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
First, I would like to say hello.
This is my first post.
I am working on my trophy room, and am starting to get into big game. Besides a couple of Whitetail mount and a Rio Turkey, most of my mounts are waterfowl. (I am just about complete with the North Amarican duck and goose collection.( there are 32 species of ducks, 6 species geese)
Next spring I am headed to Vancouver Island to hunt Black Bears.
I would love to see pictures of your Black bear mounts. I perfer full body as apposed to rugs.
Thanks in advance, and I look forward to talking to everyone in the future.
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Hello Woodsie,

Welcome to AR. Would love to see your waterfowl collection, as I am sure many others here would, also.

Here's Chris' 1st Az. bear and a few customers pieces.

Kind regards,
Mary
Krueger's Creations Taxidermy

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Sorry to bust in, but those are nice bears Mary. Can you send me a price list? eatman4@earthlink.net Most full body mounts I've seen come out looking like clown bears... Yours look like bears being bears.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
I really like the bear sitting on the limb.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
It appears several taxidermists use the same form, Mary. Big Grin

This one, mounted by Marc Plunkett at Wildlife Creations, is from BC just north of Prince George. -TONY

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grafton:
I really like the bear sitting on the limb.
Yes, absolutely, you put that in the woods, or shopit, and one would be waiting for him to move.

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mary Hilliard-Krueger
posted Hide Post
Chris thanks one and all for the kind comments.

Badger Matt...PM me your address and I will snail mail you a brochure.

Tony... was wondering if Mark did your work. Are you still using him now that he is up in Verde? Heard he was just trying his hand at bronze sculpting now and not doing taxidermy. Confused
That form is a pretty standard form for standing lifesize bears,(although client personal preference altering can be done). Chris likes to open the mouth slightly for that open mouth breathing look they have as they are mulling through the woods. Love the color phase of your bear.

Kind regards,
Mary

Taxidermist/Rugmaker

Posts: 904 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 12 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mary,

Yup, Marc has done my mounts for at least 15 years now. He calls my newer trophy room "the Plunkett museum," because he mounted everything in it, which helped finance his property purchase in Camp Verde. Roll Eyes He has done a few of the mounts in the old room, too.

He has indeed tapered off with the taxidermy work but still does some for his regular clients. Right now, the only thing he has of mine is my mule deer from my "management hunt" in Colorado last fall (see below).

I like the open-mouth look on the bears Chris did.

Where is your shop located? Maybe I'll stop by to visit someday. Also, if you're ever in the neighborhood and want to visit at my place, just holler at me. I'm at 67th & Camelback, and my phone # is in the book. -TONY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
one of the neater black bear mounts my old taxidermist did for himself. he had the bear climbing a tree with a bee hive in it. the bear was after the honey and he did a bunch of bees after the bear

Posts: 13446 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch,

The Cabela's store a few miles away from me has a similar mount. The bear isn't actually climbing the tree but is standing at the base of it. -TONY

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Mary, those are very nice. The second one made me smile. Much more realistic than many of the snarling open mouth mounts that you see.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Those are nicely done. I like the one in the tree also. That would look great on a color phase bear.

Posts: 4168 | Location: Texas | Registered: 18 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hughiam
posted Hide Post
For whatever reason, I can't post pics, but checkout my website www.initaxidermy.com

Pro Staff for:
In Natures Image Taxidermy

Posts: 448 | Location: Palmer, AK | Registered: 17 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's a couple, my photography is less than flattering! I'm working on it though.

Posts: 206 | Location: nicholasville, KY | Registered: 31 March 2006Reply With Quote