THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    How does everybody display buffalo skulls?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does everybody display buffalo skulls?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LRH270
posted
Looking for ideas better than just setting them on a shelf.

TIA

RMEF Life Member
SCI
DRSS
Chapuis 9,3/9,3 + 20/20
Simson 12/12/9,3
Zoli 7x57R/12
Kreighoff .470/.470

We band of 9,3ers!

The Few. The Pissed. The Taxpayers.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Arizona and Nevada since 1979. | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like putting them on the wall, on a wooden shield. I have been considering trying one of the large "skull hookers" for the next buffalo skull when it arrives.

If you have a lot of floor space, I've seen people put them on a wood pedestal and that looks nice as well. Allows you to get right up and touch the horns.

Posts: 434 | Location: CA.  | Registered: 26 October 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure these aren't the type of buffalo you were referring to, but here's how I have my three bison (UT Henry Mountains cow 2012, Alaska Delta Junction bull 2019, Alaska Delta Junction pick up cow bison)

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HendrikNZ
posted Hide Post
My Australian buff on a wooden base:

Posts: 356 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 11 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Here's mine

------------------------------
A mate of mine has just told me he's shagging his girlfriend and her twin. I said "How can you tell them apart?" He said "Her brother's got a moustache!"

Posts: 7976 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by justanotherhunter:
Pretty sure these aren't the type of buffalo you were referring to, but here's how I have my three bison (UT Henry Mountains cow 2012, Alaska Delta Junction bull 2019, Alaska Delta Junction pick up cow bison)

That’s a gorgeous cougar mount!

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I'm a big fan on non aggressive/action mounts and the taxi did a fantastic job on what I wanted.

Posts: 247 | Location: Anchorage, AK | Registered: 14 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30.06king:

30.06king,

Would you mind sharing more photos showing how this is mounted to the base. I have one that is on a shield, but I prefer to have it on a wing of my desk instead of the wall.

Thanks,
Charles

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No problem Charles.
Here's some side profile and underside pics showing fixing of base to upright and the location
of the long bolt holding the skull to the upright. Hope this helps. Cheers.

nearest hsbc bank

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2021 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
When I had my American Buffalo mounted, my taxidermist put the real horns on the shoulder mount, then he put some fiberglass horns on the skull. I have the skull on a wall in my basement, and I don't count it as one of my mounts.

Then I have the American buffalo skuls that I have found on the outside wall of my garage, along with some elk sheds and a domestic ram skull that I found while hunting in NW Colorado...

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
@HendrikNZ
That's a beautiful mount!

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Depends on what looks best for that Buffalo. Are you showing off a huge wide boss? Hang from a wall showing the boss.

I have one that just looks funny on the wall so he’s on a table. That’s just where he looks the best.

Any of the options above are great ideas.

Posts: 6253 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've got a column in my office. I'd like to have something built on that column to put a stack of buffalo skulls floor to ceiling. Figure I could get five to six mounted at about a 45 degree angle to the wall. Looking for someone to build it.

Posts: 10027 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote