THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Best taxidermist for desert bighorn?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best taxidermist for desert bighorn?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Who do y'all like for a desert bighorn? Bonus points if they're in Texas, but it's not an absolute requirement. I heard Jerry Huffaker retired, otherwise he'd be at the top of the list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry--should have put this under taxidermy. Will post there. Mods, please feel free to delete. Thanks.

One of Us
Picture of 460 wby shooter
posted Hide Post
Dakota taxidermy Bismarck North Dakota request John to do your work, he's won a world championship with a full body sheep!

Posts: 817 | Location: jimtown ND | Registered: 21 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'll throw out Dewey Taxidermy. I'll also suggest that you mount a replica on the mount and keep the euro where you can hold and handle it. Makes no difference on the mount and having the real horns to relive the hunt and feel the weight is priceless. There are several who do simply amazing replicas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Creative Feathers Taxidermy, Lamarque, TX. About 35 miles south of Houston. Did an excellent job on my elk. I would not hesitate to let him mount a trophy ram!

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Chris Favour of Mount-N-View Taxidermy in Flagstaff, Az would be my choice. Take a look at his website. https://mountnviewtaxidermy.com/

Picture of BrianA
posted Hide Post
Henry Aguilar in Kingman Az did both mine and my wife's desert bighorn mounts and did a great job. He probably does more desert bighorn mounts than anyone in the country.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There was a time when Henry Aguilar was "the man" for desert sheep. Hope he is still working. Chris Harlow in Tucson is also good.

Posts: 725 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the great suggestions, guys. I ended up sending it to Dewey in Cody, Wyoming. I'll post photos when it's done.