New
Find
Notify
Tools

Log cabin walls
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
My game room walls are rough textured drywall with plywood backing. Lately I have been thinking about an accent wall to look like a log cabin. Has anyone done this? I thought it might look nice with North American mountain game on it,(mule deer, bear, mt lion, etc..). If anyone has pictures I would love to see them. Thanks, Jim

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
JA - I did this very thing in a weekend place I built for a client. All of the inside/exterior walls were made to look like the inside of a log cabin.

This was accomplished by using "rough saw" lumber in three or four widths, ie. 2" X 6" 2" X 8,10, 12". The edges were routed on an angle and mounted on the wall with approximately 1 1/2 " space between each board. A latex caulking/
chinking was used to fill the gap, just like a log cabin would be done. The boards could all be the same width, but by alternating different sizes you get a more realistic look.

It's a lot more time consuming that your ordinary sheet rock for sure, but turned out really cool. Sorry I don't have a pic, don't know if I can get one or not as the owner lives out of State. PM me here if you would like more info.

Larry Sellers

Posts: 3460 | Location: Jemez Mountains, New Mexico | Registered: 09 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Here is a picture of a house i built. Hope this helps.
http://www.customcarpentryinc.com/interior006.html

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
That cabin interior look is really nice. The one down side however, is hanging stuff is the curvature of the logs prevents things from hanging relatively flat. My cabin interior has flat faced logs with the chinking in between so the wall is effectively flat. It make stuff look much better on the wall in my opinion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info guys. Chris, the photo you provided is what I had in mind. Met a local guy t he other day that is building weekend cabins as a business and buys the siding by the truck load. Made a deal with him for the materials I need for this project. Thanks again.

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote