Find
Notify
Tools

My Room
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted
I've been enjoying pictures of everyone else's Trophy Rooms shown here on AR for the past eight months that I've been a member, so I finally got some pictures of mine to share with you.

I put this addition on to my house in 1989-90. Its one room upstairs and two bedrooms, a family room and 1 1/2 bath downstairs. The Trophy Room upstairs is 30' x 30' with the west wall extended out 5' in the center. The side walls are 9' high, and vaulted ceiling is 14' high in the center. The ceiling is supported by exposed laminated wood beams, the center beam being 6" x 24" x 40' long, and five 4" x 12" laminated beams on each side. All the walls are backed with 1/2" plywood so I can hang all but the heaviest mounts anywhere.

I have a great view of the mountains and the valley below me so I put in too many windows, the view is one of the main reasons I bought where I did. In this room I can enjoy 35+ years of my hunting memories on the walls, see beautiful sunsets over the Gallatin Valley, watch elk and whitetails in the fields below me, and have a tall cool one and a game of pool, all at the same time.

This is the East wall. There is a 5' wide entr to the main house on the left, and a 15' wet bar on the right side.

Above the entryway is a Colorado Mule Deer, and a Wood Duck, a Shiras Moose, and an Artic Grayling, all from Montana.

My "hippie cow" from the Northwest Territories.

The center of the East Wall has a Mountain Caribou in the velvet from Canada's Northwest Territories, an Alaskan Barren Ground Caribou, a Saskatchewan Northern Pike, a Montana elk, and a South African Impala.

The corner of the bar has my "Pheasant under glass".

The right side of the East wall and left side of the South wall have another Montana Shiras Moose, and a Waterbuck, a Limpopo Bushbuck, a Gemsbok, and another Impala from my first trip to South Africa.

The South wall. The picture is distorted because it is two photos merged together.

A Montana Bighorn ram and a South African Kudu in the center of the South wall.

Two Montana Bighorns and a Dall ram from the Northwest Territories.

The right side of the South wall with a Colorado Mule Deer, a Wolverine from the Northwest Territories, and a Montana Mountain Goat on the left side of the West wall.

The West wall that overlooks the Gallatin and Tobbaco Root mountain ranges and the Gallatin valley.

Right and left side views of my best Elk ever, from northern Montana. I constructed a "box" out from the wall so there would be room for his 60" main beams with this "bugling" mount.

The corner of the West and North walls, with my best Whitetail and Pronghorn Antelope, both from Montana.

The North wall, again distorted from merging two photos.

More Pronghorns from Montana and Colorado.

The right corner of the North wall with another Montana Pronghorn, and a Blesbok and Blue Wildebeest from South Africa.

I've expanded into the Living room with this Colorado Black Bear...

And this Montana Buffalo.

I have several more North American animals and all of the animals from my 2005 trip to Zimbabwe and South Africa at the taxidermist. I am planning on enlarging my living and dining rooms for these mounts. I have also seen some great pedistal mounts shown here on AR, so I am planning on having several of these animals done on pedistals.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Very nice. I'm especially fond of the bar with the glass case built in. Gotta love the view out your large windows too.

Posts: 1262 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Man what a room!

Posts: 5338 | Location: Bedford, Pa. USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING VIEW and great looking room
I like all the antelope. I figure if there is somthing you like to hunt a lot show them off cheers

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Looks great man.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steven30127
posted Hide Post
Well sir, you're mounts are nice, but crap!!! that view!!! I'm sick and tired of living in a stucco box here in SoCal....I'm moving!!!

Posts: 257 | Location: Aliso Viejo, California | Registered: 09 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
thanks, you've given me some good ideas for my future trophy room cheers

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
really outdoors

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice room ,Some nice Mulies and you are one of the only people I have seen that has a Wolvereen. Montana is my favorite place.

Posts: 1461 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW! Really nicely done, good trophies too!
You have to love that mule deer above the wolverine!

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Ivan
posted Hide Post
Very nice collection. How did you get so many sheep tags for MT? You must be one lucky dude! Big Grin

Posts: 576 | Location: The Green Fields | Registered: 11 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of successful hunting.

Congratulations.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2508 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of your kind comments. I'm proud of the room and it's contents, as most of the construction of the room and other than the African and Canadian animals, I got most of the animals hunting by myself. No guide or even hunting partners. Just me and my dog and sometimes my horses.

Ivan, I got the Montana Bighorns in the mid 80's when the Fish, Wildlife, & Parks sold unlimited Sheep tags in several SW Montana districts, and there wasn't the 7 year wait if you harvested a Sheep or bought a tag. I did some homework, did a little pre-season scouting, got very lucky, and harvested 4 sheep in 4 years in 3 different districts. I just wish I had spent more years back then hunting sheep.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1635 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buffy:

Outstanding room, outstanding trophies. Lots of guys have nice african stuff, but that elk and mulie, wow. And to have done it on your own. I know the stuff I got on my own is much more special than the guided stuff.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7577 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Great looking room. Montana certainly seems to be treating you well.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Buff:

Just fantastic.... man you have been a busy boy. I love the Elk and wolverine, not to mention the mule deer.

The view from your windows is to kill for. I just love Montana.

I am dying to go back to Montana for another Elk, but it seems the older I get the less than time I have.

You have many trophy antelope, I would love to add one to my collection. Where did you bag most of yours?

Regards... PAHunter..

The Hunters Hut
Firearms Sales & Service PAHunter/ The Head Hunter
DRSS,NRA,SCI,NAHC
www.huntershut1.com

Posts: 1015 | Location: PA | Registered: 08 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What beautiful animals from so many wonderful places. But the view! Oh, my word, the VIEW! Congratulations. We will be out in Big Sky in December. We love it. Kudude

Posts: 1473 | Location: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well pardon me while I just sit back and enjoy hell out of your room, your efforts and the view.
You Done Gooood! Thanks for sharing.

You can borrow money but you can not borrow time. Go hunting with your family.

Posts: 1529 | Location: Texas | Registered: 15 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Warbird
posted Hide Post
Absolutely awesome! Such a variety and such creativeness. The view is also very nice!!
thumb

-Jamie

Posts: 50 | Location: NC | Registered: 25 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, I cannot imagine the effort it took to skin the muskox and haul it out to get it mounted. Way to go!!!!

Posts: 10371 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bigduke
posted Hide Post
wow great room , love the view to , nice job cheers

A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 103 | Location: georgia | Registered: 18 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice trophy room buffybr. Very nice.

Life member NRA
formally scrappy