THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    For the lights and ceiling fans in the trophy room...

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For the lights and ceiling fans in the trophy room...
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted
I stumbled upon this while searching online and thought some of you may like these in the trophy room or reloading bench.

Here is the link - High powered pull chains

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gayne C. Young
posted Hide Post
Pretty nifty

Visit my homepage
www.gaynecyoung.com

Posts: 710 | Location: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: 10 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
beautiful

Posts: 142 | Location: Hidalgo, Texas /Monterrey, Mexico | Registered: 12 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
Just ordered one for my 1913 Century Electric ceiling fan, 30-06 of course:

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
Bad photo, but I picked up some in 308 for the fan in my trophy room.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a unique idea. If they had them in 375 H&H I would buy four.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CharlesL
posted Hide Post
I don't reload, but I am tempted to buy some .375 bullets so I can make a few from brass that I have saved. I have saved the brass from every animal that I have shot in Africa.

DSC Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 633 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 26 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have made these cartridge fan and light assemblies. Very easy to do if you reload and have a soldering iron. Punch out the primer, on a fired cartridge for safety, drill a slightly larger hole thru the primer pocket flash hole just larger than the chain itself. Run the chain thru the of the cartridge case, solder on a ball of solder just larger than the hole. Drop the chain down thru the hole of the cartridge shell holder and seat the bullet. My trophy room fan/light sports two 300WSM cartridges that I have employed to take African animals. My living room fan/light sports two 22BR cartridges that I have used for varmints. Not complicated to make and a great conversation idea. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i have made a couple of these as well. pretty easy to do. i had some .38spcl cartridges on my bedroom fan. now i'm no longer single, and those had to stay behind sadly.

like MTG said, knock out the primer, drill a slightly bigger hole, run the chain through, i just tied some wire around the chain to keep it from slipping back through the primer hole. shove the bullet back in there and youre done. 5 mins.

Posts: 779 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
That is too kool.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote