THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Suggestions for moose mount,8ft ceiling.

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Suggestions for moose mount,8ft ceiling.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted
I shot a really nice moose in Maine a couple weeks ago and i need to figure out the best way to have him mounted. The only problem i have is that my ceilings are only 8ft. Suggestions?

Josh

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Pedestal Mount

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pedestal or sneak/semi-sneak position is the only way I see a moose mount under an eight foot ceiling....

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Consider European skull mount. Properly done they are quite attractive.

Jim

Posts: 1206 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Moose skull is how I would go or move.

Moving cost more.

If you already cut the skull thinking you were going to mount it, you can buy a fake skull holder.

I hate pedistal mounts so that's how I'd go.

Posts: 7769 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I raised the ceiling in mine by four feet. It just fits a Cape Buffalo head&shoulder mount nicely now.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
Definitely a sneak. I had a Shiras on an 8ft wall for a few years and my kids could swing from his waddle. Not ideal but you deal with the cards you have.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
European pedestal mounts work well.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote