New
Find
Notify
Tools

Isle of Arran Red Stag
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was lucky enough to go for a weeks stalking last year at the begining of October on the Red Stags on the Isle of Arran Whilst there I shot a 12 point Red which has just returned from the taxidermists and is now up at home.

What a weeks stalking it was this was my first ever stag. Taken with Puntgunner.

Posts: 101 | Location: Home Counties | Registered: 06 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Post us a report on your hunt. I for one would love to hear about hunting in that part of the world.

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Great deer but where the hell is that Isle ??? bewildered

L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Isle of Arran is in Scotland, it's a project run by a shooting group in the UK, known as the BASC. The forrestry ranger was a member on here as well known as Griff.

Posts: 101 | Location: Home Counties | Registered: 06 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Teat Hound
posted Hide Post
Nice stag! Good job.

-eric

" . . . a gun is better worn and with bloom off---So is a saddle---People too by God." -EH

Posts: 952 | Location: Bakersfield, California | Registered: 03 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil thumb

Seloushunter

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I was on Arran last week. We ferried over from Ardrossan and spent the morning on Goatfell and the afternoon sea kayaking with the seals in Brodick Bay.

We saw red deer tracks on the mountain trails. Arran is a rugged and beautiful place.

You took a very good stag. Congratulations.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13466 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote