Find
Notify
Tools

New Office / Gun Cabinet
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all,

looking to tap into your experiences and ideas. Moving into a new house at the moment, and have a new "man cave"

Am thinking to start by adding a new cabinet for rifles / shotguns, to display / view them when in there.

Am thinking to replace the shelves on the left most row, add lights (0verhead) to light the guns, and maybe use a colored felt as backing (british racing green, or maybe a burgundy color).

I would however like to hear what you guys think, any ideas on best way to shown double rifles

Any and all picture would also be most welcome!

Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oh, and the photo above is the staging furniture / stuff, not mine.

I plan to use the shelves for my books and nick-nacs

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A fireplace! That's be a nice touch to a proper Man Cave :-)

Posts: 20090 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Orvar,

I think you definitely need www.TrophyShotPrint.com to set that man cave off tu2

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds good - once I get things sorted, we'll work on a print. Cheers!

One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
the wall space is crying out for some shoulder mounts! I look forward to seeing it set up as you want it.

Relax and light a Cuban.

Posts: 177 | Location: UK | Registered: 16 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R8, my current thinking is to only have European skull mounts + full mounts of Genet, Civet and maybe a full strutt Tom, but maybe need to think about some shoulder mounts, you're right

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Sounds good - once I get things sorted, we'll work on a print. Cheers!

Orvar,

The right photo in one of our TrophyShot Showpiece Prints displayed on the proper wall can literally set the room off Big Grin ...it'll set the tone for the room most definitely tu2

Cheers!

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
Orvar, maybe some smaller mounts for example, chamois or smaller antelope species? I will be setting up a room at some point and will be restricted on size, so my hunt this is for chamois in romainia and in may 2015 I will be hunting in Africa, hopefully for small plains game, springbok, impala etc

Relax and light a Cuban.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good idea! Have my Chamois from Romania back from Zitz in 1 month...

One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
Great, would love to see it when its done, I go to Romania to hunt cham in October.

Relax and light a Cuban.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R8 PRO:
Orvar, maybe some smaller mounts for example, chamois or smaller antelope species? I will be setting up a room at some point and will be restricted on size, so my hunt this is for chamois in romainia and in may 2015 I will be hunting in Africa, hopefully for small plains game, springbok, impala etc

Good advice. I have a shoulder mounted Wood Bison and Cape Buffalo and a Muskox at the taxidermist. They would take over a room like that. But it is an awesome room for an office with smaller mounts. I'd love to have a room like that.

SCI Life Member
DRSS

"In those savage countries success frequently depends upon one particular moment; you may lose or win according to your action at that critical instant."

Sir Samuel Baker

Posts: 297 | Location: New Scotland, Canada | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orvar:
Hi all,

looking to tap into your experiences and ideas. Moving into a new house at the moment, and have a new "man cave"

Am thinking to start by adding a new cabinet for rifles / shotguns, to display / view them when in there.

Am thinking to replace the shelves on the left most row, add lights (0verhead) to light the guns, and maybe use a colored felt as backing (british racing green, or maybe a burgundy color).

I would however like to hear what you guys think, any ideas on best way to shown double rifles

Any and all picture would also be most welcome!

Orvar

Orvar,

I like the space, the fire place and the window!!!

Always, envisioned a life size of this would be an interesting touch to a man cave:

But If you hunt around the world, a world map can also be a nice touch:

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cazador humilde
posted Hide Post
Just don't think Raquel would fit the karma of that room, but Ray, I want to thank you for bringing to the surface some long-buried boyhood fantasies.

European mounts, definitely. Civet and genet would be cool, but I don't know about the tom.

Posts: 1278 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 31 May 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RaySendero
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cazador humilde:
Just don't think Raquel would fit the karma of that room, but Ray, I want to thank you for bringing to the surface some long-buried boyhood fantasies.

European mounts, definitely. Civet and genet would be cool, but I don't know about the tom.

Yep, My pic of that map isn't that good, but think one over that fireplace would look good!

________
Ray

Posts: 1786 | Registered: 10 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
that is a beautiful space for a mancave. do you have a plan to protect your firearms from theft?

Posts: 157 | Location: san francisco bay area | Registered: 23 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Theft would be my concern as well.
Have seen a bookcase "hidden"gun cabinet.
Full of all kinds of secure and out of sight storage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Bu0sKSzDRE

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote