THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM TROPHY ROOM FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Trophy Room Pictures    Placement suggestions for kudu and gemsbok Euro Mounts

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Placement suggestions for kudu and gemsbok Euro Mounts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Stealth
posted
My wife took excellent kudu (54") and gemsbok (41") trophies during our safari this past spring. She's decided to do them both as European (skull) mounts. Our challenge is that we don't have walls tall enough to accommodate the horns if the skull is placed at eye level.

We'd rather not just sit them in a corner but are a bit stumped for ideas of how to display them.

Any suggestions?

"Personal is not the same as important", Corporal Carrot, Men at Arms

Posts: 144 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 04 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
get a spot picked out on a wall, that would be perfect if not for the eight foot or so wall heigth limit. Then, call in a friend who does remodeling projects and get him to raise the ceiling in an area six feet wide by three feet tall. Put a walnut shelf on the bottom and some low wattage bulbs on the sides. Gives it a shadowbox look similar to the one posted above. I got my lovely, long suffering wife to buy that one in exchange for skull mounts in lieu of shoulder mounts.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the taxidermist put a gemsbok skull on a copper "pipe" which runs from a wood base into the back of the skull. It sits on a sideboard in our dining room. Animal lovers even approve, thinking it is art.

Posts: 431 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: 29 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
A well done mount is definitly my idea of fine art.

Posts: 13 | Location: Rowlett, Tx (formerly Helena, MT) | Registered: 10 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
Oldcoyote
Would it be possible for you to post the picture. I would love to see it. Thanks.

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote