Find
Notify
Tools

Our "African" Living Room
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Pulicords
posted
Not a particularly big living room, but here's how we utilized a few trophies to give it a theme.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Tanzania 2012: http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/8331015971
Saskatoon, Canada 2013: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4121043/m/7171030391
Las Pampas, Argentina 2014: http://forums.accuratereloadin...4107165/m/1991059791

Posts: 260 | Location: Scottsdale, AZ | Registered: 19 April 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice

NRA LIFE MEMBER
DU DIAMOND SPONSOR IN PERPETUITY
DALLAS SAFARI CLUB LIFE MEMBER
SCI FOUNDATION MEMBER

Posts: 1366 | Location: SPARTANBURG SOUTH CAROLINA | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Very nice

+1 !!

Posts: 617 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Nicely done.

Posts: 168 | Location: Canada | Registered: 22 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nicely done Smiler sometimes less is more and this looks great.

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice!
A couple of large (16x24/24x36) African themed photos from your safari would set it off and bring the entire room together for you nicely imo.

A photo taken by yourself is worth far more than a painting or photo from someone else's collection...you'll have a much deeper connection emotionally and are more attached to it if its a photo you took yourself.

Well done congrats tu2

Roland

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JohnWKiely
posted Hide Post
Lovely. Very well done.

Posts: 75 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 29 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Badger Matt
posted Hide Post
Pure class! Very nicely done.

Posts: 1245 | Location: Simpsonville, SC | Registered: 25 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Very nice room! I love zebra rugs. When I was a kid, maybe 5 or so, I was babysat by a lady who also kept up her landlord's house on the property; she also did the laundry there. I can't count the number of times I followed her as she carried the laundry through this man's house, straight through a wood-paneled room with tacked red leather chairs and a zebra skin rug on the floor. That's approaching 40 years ago and the image of that zebra skin still lingers...good stuff.

One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Very very nice
Yes I like that zebra rug on the floor
Cool

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote