Find
Notify
Tools

New Trophy Room
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JustOneMoreShot
posted Hide Post
Looking good! That was a lot of plywood!

Posts: 54 | Location: GA USA | Registered: 16 February 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice build. Glad to see someone else from Tallahassee on here.

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Kin is in SD right now shooting pheasants.i have bugged him for years about joining the fun here( as well as going to Africa) and he finally took the plunge. his trophy room is almost done( maybe 2 more weeks) and he is supposed to get his taxidermy work from his plains game hunt before Christmas. perfect timing.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice tile; I hate carpet in a TR-looks terrible.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
back from SD and now to get the room finished...thanks for the comments..we have a rough stucco like finish on the walls and hope the tile will look earth like...that is the plan anyway....talk about cold...I have hunted SD in the snow and cold before,and along the Artic.Circle in both Canada and Alaska,but this trip was the coldest I have ever hunted...Thur pm when we got there -7,Fri. am with wind chill -21,Sat am -31,that is when I stayed in and watched the ball games..Sun. warmed up to -7...

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

fireplace works and only the cabinets and bar left to finish...then mounts and furnishings

Posts: 282 | Location: TALLAHASSEE,FL | Registered: 08 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We just completed our 22'x22' trophy room last year. It has 14' height to the ceiling in the peaks each end. We employed 3/4" plywood on the walls and covered with 5/8" sheetrock. I took a mountain goat in 2011 and this is hung in the west end of our room. BTW, we had a local artist paint a mural up in this peak depicting the mountain face where I took this goat. I was not allowed to pic the colors to be painted. My wife claims that I am color blond, not blind, but blond. The ceiling is an extremely light colored brown and the walls chocolate brown. We did the floor in a dark distressed hickory with oak base board trim. I did all the electrical and installed a large paddle fan/light assembly. We are very proud of this room. We currently have 7 mounts in our trophy room leaving much room for more. MTG

Posts: 241 | Location: NW Montana | Registered: 22 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MTGunner:
We just completed our 22'x22' trophy room last year. It has 14' height to the ceiling in the peaks each end. We employed 3/4" plywood on the walls and covered with 5/8" sheetrock. I took a mountain goat in 2011 and this is hung in the west end of our room. BTW, we had a local artist paint a mural up in this peak depicting the mountain face where I took this goat. I was not allowed to pic the colors to be painted. My wife claims that I am color blond, not blind, but blond. The ceiling is an extremely light colored brown and the walls chocolate brown. We did the floor in a dark distressed hickory with oak base board trim. I did all the electrical and installed a large paddle fan/light assembly. We are very proud of this room. We currently have 7 mounts in our trophy room leaving much room for more. MTG

Pics or it didn't happen. Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3397 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

sounds like a great room for you guys to enjoy...I am looking forward to getting my mounts and starting to place them,I think that it will be enjoyable and lots of fun...I fully understand being ''color blond''...when it comes to colors,anything to wear,including ties,its simple in my house ''Penny, do I like this ''

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Pics or it didn't happen. Big Grin

Steve,photos of some of the trophy mounts I am waiting to receive

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing, I look forward to seeing the finished results with your trophies in situ.

Relax and light a Cuban.

Posts: 177 | Location: UK | Registered: 16 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by R8 PRO:
Looks amazing, I look forward to seeing the finished results with your trophies in situ.

me too...wish there was some way to expedite the shipments,but it is what it is...guess that makes the anticipated excitement linger and that is a good thing... dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Room is finished at last and trophy shipment from Africa has finally arrived...in the process of moving old mounts to their new home,placing new mounts and getting the furnishings in place...all of this part is great,but everything takes time because you have to stop and look at each mount for a while ,remember, and feel the weather,smell, light,conditions,rifle,shot and the follow up...what a feeling

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks great so far, can't wait to see the finished pics! What caliber Sako in the pics?

Posts: 762 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: 11 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
LARGE AND BEAUTIFUL ROOM tu2
Looking forward to seeing the finished pics of it!!!
Well done.

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pacecars:
Looks great so far, can't wait to see the finished pics! What caliber Sako in the pics?

Hope to have it ready before I leave next month and I will take photos then... The Sako was a 308,not mine but a great little gun,it was the first time I used it..22'' barrel, very accurate and easy to use...made my longest shot with it,Eland @ 364 yds...

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
It always amazes me how you guys on the far side of the big pond put up great trophy rooms (barns) with such ease. In Europe you would need reams of planning permission approvals and other documents before even thinking about hanging trophies!

Great looking 'trophy house' and look forward to the finishing touches pictures!

Ps. Great looking warthog and super impala! Congrats.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2261 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
looking forward to the pictures.

Relax and light a Cuban.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

this is the ''BOTTOM DOLLAR BAR'' area of the room,when finished with the furnishings I will try to post pictures of the complete room...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JCOOK:

this is the ''BOTTOM DOLLAR BAR'' area of the room,when finished with the furnishings I will try to post pictures of the complete room...

Nice Flooring

Nice wood furniture

Trophies look cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
looks a bit different than when i saw it in Feb. really has progressed nicely!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Top-notch...I like the somewhat open and un-cluttered look for the given space!

Well done tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys,the furnishings are scheduled for next week..everything has taken a little longer than we hoped,but i have enjoyed doing it...I am in the process of making the cabinet door/drawer pulls for the ''BOTTOM DOLLAR BAR''now...using some of my deer sheds...of course I knew that antlers were hard,but the cutting,drilling and polishing the edges of each pcs. has made me have more respect for the people that use antlers on a regular basis for knifes and art work.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

I used some of my horns to make this fixture at the entrance area to the room

One of Us
Picture of R8 PRO
posted Hide Post
looking good! very impressive so far, good job.

Relax and light a Cuban.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
finished at last..only a few items left that I want to do..it has been both fun and hard work as I am sure a lot of you know..we just want to go to the farm and enjoy the room now..but that will have to wait,B.I.L.(jdollar) and I leave this Wed.for an outing in the ''CAPRIVI'',anyway here are some photos that I took today....

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

one of us
Picture of tarbe
posted Hide Post
Very well done sir!

0351 USMC

Posts: 1531 | Location: Romance, Missouri | Registered: 04 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very niceSmiler Must be a dream to build a dedicated man cave/ trophy room like this. I am in barganing mode to get my few trophies installed in my house Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
jCook..
Nice room. That bar is enough to keep a few of those Tallahassee boys out of the Governors Club up there out of downtown and hanging in your place!
Congrats on finishing it finally.
Now you can go down to Kevin's and try to talk him out of a few things too as accents

Posts: 931 | Location: Music City USA | Registered: 09 April 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
trust me, Kin is bringing back enough accents/trophies from our 2 weeks in the Caprivi that a visit to Kevin's will not be necessary! the man cave will be a lot fuller in the next year.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I HAD CUT A PCS. OF BRASS OFF EACH END OF THE BRASS FOOT RAIL AT THE ''BOTTOM DOLLAR BAR''(4'') AND COULD NOT STAND TO DISCARD THEM...USED TWO GEMSBUCK HORNS I HAD AND MADE A WALL FIXTURE FOR EACH SIDE OF THE ENTRANCE DOOR TO THE NEW TROPHY ROOM..

One of Us
posted Hide Post