Find
Notify
Tools

Wife Says Trophies Have to Go
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted
My wife says I have too many trophies in the house and some of them have to go.

Do any of you know if I could sell my wife to Cabela's or donate her to a worthy cause so that I can keep my trophies?

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Masailand the current going rate for wives is 4 cows at $40 apiece or $160 in total.

How old is she? Any pictures? Ought to be able to at least get a couple of cows depending on mileage.

VBR,

Ted Gorsline

Posts: 1116 | Location: asted@freenet.de | Registered: 14 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
And just what is it you will be making room for?

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
Man you love to thump those Lions don't you... I counted 8.

If you do decide that you need to thin out the herd I am sure that lots of Universities would love to have them.

Tough Decision though. Good Luck.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What's she look like, and can she cook ???

Posts: 551 | Location: Woodbine, Ga | Registered: 04 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Someone I know just got back from a mission in Africa and he was offered 10 head of cattle for his daughter. Sounds like a bargain, keep the trophies.
Wink

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ForrestB:

I heard you were the man...what a collection!

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7573 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
Forrest, if she is #1 wife you will miss her. At least for a brief while.

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
is that your trophy room?

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
It's not EXACTLY mine. Like "cats" I'm not able to figure out how to post my own pics, so I borrowed these. Everyone in Texas has a trophy room that looks so similar to this one, I didn't see any harm in showing ya'll KINDA what mine looks like.

Posts: 5052 | Location: Muletown | Registered: 07 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I keep foregetting it is April 1st. I went inot a local Gun Shop today to pick up a scope I ordered. They maked a loaded up Dakota 416 rem with a S&B scope for $2,500.00. Of course stupid me tried to buy it!

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Incredable trophy room I've been drooling over the pictures 8 lions 4 leopard 3 sable and what 3 jumbos OUTSTANDING

Trade, Sell, or Dump the wife it would criminal to break up that trophy room
thumb

Perception is reality
regardless the truth!

Stupid people should not breed

DRSS
NRA Life Member
Owner of USOC Adventure TV

Posts: 923 | Location: Phx Az and the Hills of Ohio | Registered: 13 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of duggaboybuff
posted Hide Post
i have seen these photos before, Trophy rooms of the world volume 1, I think we have a Troll????

Posts: 411 | Location: australia | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dan Duncan's trophy room is incredible, isn't it?

Kathi

kathi@wildtravel.net
708-425-3552

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page."

Posts: 9403 | Location: Chicago | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Where did you get pictures of my trophy room? bewildered

Posts: 2392 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 06 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest

I know you're going to miss your wife but I'll have to tell you from my own experience it will pass.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You could always have the wife mounted with the lions. I'm thinking kind of a successfull hunt scene, on the lions part. Big Grin
Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of thornell
posted Hide Post
Good one Forrest. I was thinking... man those pics look really familiar.

Posts: 705 | Location: MIDDLE TENNESSEE | Registered: 25 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't know anyone lived in the Buckhorn...

The Buckhorn Museum - San Antonio

Smiler

Posts: 26 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
What's missing? I didn't see a Bongo, Grizzly or black bear anything else bewildered

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Don't worry trapntrav, he's got 'em. They might not show in these pics, but there there somewhere. The bear trophies are so numerous, he's got some rugs stashed under the bed.

one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
Here you go:

One of Us
Picture of trapntrav
posted Hide Post
that's better, thanks thumb

Posts: 256 | Location: Fort Nelson, BC, Canada | Registered: 04 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My wife meet me at the door yesterday morning wearing nothing but a smile and holding 2 pieces of rope. She said "tie me up and you can do anything you want" so I did and I went hunting!

Posts: 869 | Location: N Dakota | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
So Forrest, if that's not "exactly" your trophy room, can we be sure that it is "exactly" your wife who is making the demands here? And furthermore, at the Rambouillet show I didn't buy a single bit of hunting weaponery, accessories, clothes or book a single hunt. I did however buy about $700 of really good wine, which shows just how far I've sunk into the French lifestyle. My wife didn't mind! If I'd bought a nice chunk of Turkish Walnut (and boy there were some nice pieces) she would have thought I was crazy. I think you should have been here.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Clem
posted Hide Post
This trophy room can be seen in the book "Great Hunters" vol #1. It belongs to Mr. Dan Duncan.

I love the wall of lever guns. thumb

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CBNHNTR
posted Hide Post
I have a photograph of my son taped to my computer taken in the entryway of Dan's house. In the photograph you see my 10 year old surrounded by a small pride of lions (three males and a female).

Dan is gracious enough to open his home to Houston Safari Club youth events and the look on the kids faces (let alone the adults) when they walk into his home and see his amazing collection of animals on display, is a thing of wonder.

Posts: 162 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 27 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob Davis,
Is that Harry Jersig collection from the (I think it was) Lone Star Brewing company in San Antonio?

Rich Elliott

Rich Elliott
Ethiopian Rift Valley Safaris

Posts: 2013 | Location: Crossville, IL 62827 USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Forrest,
So everyone in Texas has a trophy room like that?? And an old 1962 chev pickup that needed a paint job 18 years ago?

It does look like that guy gets out once in a while.

Chic Worthing
"Life is Too Short To Hunt With An Ugly Gun"
http://webpages.charter.net/cworthing/

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ForrestB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Customstox:
Forrest,
So everyone in Texas has a trophy room like that??

Pretty much just like that. They're all so similar we just use pictures of Duncan's house to save ourselves time.

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
It's true. When I first saw it I said to myself, "Gee Forrest has a trophy room just like mine, except the poor guy looks like he is a little low on guns."

Posts: 6255 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It doesn't look like the taxidermist who did the Lions has ever seen a live one.

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bulldog563
posted Hide Post
I am mostly dissapointed when I see full mounts of Lions. It seems that most Taxidermists can't do them justice in my eyes.

Posts: 2153 | Location: Southern California | Registered: 23 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, wait, I think I saw my daughter's lost cat in there somewhere. Have you been roaming Poor Farm Ditch with your 22 again? Should we take the missing pet poster down at JMH? Bob

Posts: 1284 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope she's trophy wife...

Posts: 106 | Location: Oz..... | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Makes the stuffed squirrel over my fireplace look a little silly! I better get out and do a little more hunting!

SCI, NRA Life Member

Warm trails and blue skies!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich Elliott:
Bob Davis,
Is that Harry Jersig collection from the (I think it was) Lone Star Brewing company in San Antonio?

Rich Elliott

Correct - it's been moved from the Lone Star to a Saloon/Museum on Houston St. in downtown San Antonio.

They've got a bunch of Bill Negly stuff there too.

bob

Posts: 26 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScottW:
Makes the stuffed squirrel over my fireplace look a little silly!

rotflmo

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jarrod
posted Hide Post
I like the first picture, thousands of dollars worth of guns and a ten dollar T.V.

"Science only goes so far then God takes over."

Posts: 3504 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 07 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fla3006
posted Hide Post
I knew it was bogus when I saw the 94 Winchesters.

NRA Life Member, Band of Bubbas Charter Member, PGCA, DRSS.
Shoot & hunt with vintage classics.

Posts: 9487 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: 11 January 2002Reply With Quote