Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SnakeLover's Great Room
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Very nice.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Man, all you need now is a couple of big and old buffs. Nice!!

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Very Nice mate. Those eland are bloody big!!

Posts: 7972 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Very nice room. You're very lucky to have those high ceilings.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I love the framed info. Such a great idea, I'll have to remember it

Posts: 510 | Location: North Carolina, USA | Registered: 27 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

High ceilings make display a lot easier plus you have more options.

Joe.

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
nice looking room, I really like those high ceilings,

Posts: 27 | Location: los anchorage AK | Registered: 16 October 2003Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Very nice room. It really had to be a bugger getting some of those large mounts up that high - sure hope you had some help.

one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Nickudu - I definitely agree with your statement about my wife! I don't think I could have asked for more. She tolerates my hunting, is fine with these mounts as long as the mounts don't end up in the bedroom, and even went along with me on the last Africa trip.

I doubt I'd trade her for another, though I'll always consider reasonable offers

Brad

Posts: 472 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 26 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I doubt I'd trade her for another, though I'll always consider reasonable offers

I had to put my German shorthair down a few years back. BUT...any interest in a vintage Sound Design 8-track tape player with about 300 used tapes?? I can even throw in a couple Frank Sinatra LPs. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Quote:

How about sending a favorite PG trophy pic for later use in the Nickudu Files? Thanks.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Tony - While the proposed trade would allow me to play my Meatloaf "Bat out of Hell" 8 Track again, I think I'll have to decline the offer. Thanks anyway.

Nickudu - What size image would you prefer? I can probably find something for you.

Brad

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Brad,

Well, can't say I didn't try. Suppose I added a slightly used -- but still seviceable -- half Frenh/half Irish lady? Had her around for 45 years now, but maybe we should both sample something new. -TONY

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Tony - Window shopping is probably allowed, sampling probably not!

one of us
posted Hide Post
SnakeLover..

What an impresive room! What did your Kudu, Letchwe, and Eland measure out?

If you could I would love to get the info on those frames below your trophies for these 3 animals.

Posts: 151 | Location: Vancouver, Canada | Registered: 24 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SnakeLover
posted Hide Post
Mabelingwane - The information underneath each of the mounts is as follows:

Species
Data Taken
Location Taken
Hunter
Outfitter
Score/Size

As to the size of the three, the kudu is average at best. It scored 98" SCI, with horn length of 40" each, but I really liked the WIDE spread and so shot him. The Cape Eland is above average, scoring 101 3/8" SCI, with horn length of just over 38" and 37". The lechwe is by far the "best" compared against a record book. He scored 73 7/8" SCI with horn length of just over 30" and 29" each. It would be top 10 wtihin SCI.

Brad