THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who would like a Lyman 452423 mold ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gutshot_again,

Can you provide the name of a contact person at Midsouth ? I will get on it, but it will be a few days before I have the details worked out.

Thanks,
Neal

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry, I didn't get a name. Was thinking I should at the time, but let it get past me. I did have to stress that it was for a new design, with a min order of 25 moulds. I also refered him to thier special order moulds web page. I first got the response that you did, but after I made myself clear, and after he talked to purchasing a couple times the answer was yes.

Posts: 80 | Location: West Central WI | Registered: 02 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
marlinlover:

#452490 is a Keith-ish SWC gas-check design, listed as casting 230 grains in No. 2 alloy. Of course, especially with Lyman, what you get with YOUR mould with YOUR alloy is what you get.

floodgate

one of us
posted Hide Post
So Lee will produce the Keith bullet in a six cavity?

I may be interested. I've had better luck with iron molds so far than Lee, but I've nerver used the 6 cavity.

I've got one Lee for my 454, that's casting under size and that's irritating. I may send it back to them and see if they'll send me another one.

I've got an Ideal 452 490 4 cavity. Never used it yet.

Anyone familliar with this mold, and how much of a performer it is- what weight is it?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wondered if anyone has used this boolit, and how they liked it?