Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Shooter's Archive Questions
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
SkyC,
I found those instructions. They're on this board, near the middle of the "Veral as Censor" thread.
Copied from there...
Reconstructing the archive from the Zip files IS a little cumbersome, but not difficult. What you need to do is to duplicate the directory structure on the server.
Start with a directory called "CastArch" - Anywhere on your HD is fine
Unzip the files (5 total)from CastIDX.zip into this directory
Then, create a directory called cbb00001 in the CastArch directory
Unzip the files (a BUNCH of 'em) from cbb00001.zip into the cbb00001 directory
Then, create a directory called cbb00501 in the CastArch directory
Unzip the files (a BUNCH of 'em) from cbb00501.zip into the cbb00501 directory
Repeat this procedure for each cbb*.zip file in the archive.
There are 2 things to look for while you're doing this...
1) the name of each sub-directory in CastArch should match the name of the .zip file, without the ".zip"
2) make sure when you're unzipping the files that they go into the correct sub-directory. Your unzip program might want to create a directory structure that's stored in the zip file (some may have it, some may not), and you'll end up with the expanded files stored one level too deep,
i.e., in ..\CastArch\cbb00001\cbb00001\whatever.htm.cfm
That's not right.
It should be ..\CastArch\cbb00001\whatever.htm.cfm
If this happens, you can just 'move' the files up to the right level.

All the .gif files aren't absolutely necessary, but they create the exact "look" of the Shooters board. I recommend you move them also if you need to. Note that each sub-directory has its own index.htm. These point to the 500 threads that are in each sub-directory and are important, and should not be left out or mixed up.

When you're done, the ..\CastArch\index.htm file should get you to any index, and from there to any thread.
Yes, each *.htm.cfm is a complete thread.
Lastly, I apologize about the bad link banner above the "All Vertical is going out of business" text, and any related delay. This is because of a banner ad in the original page that linked to AllVertical.com. Now that that site no longer exists, the computer waits for the lookup to timeout.
I've tried incorporating a search engine into the site, but it didn't work. Sorry. But, since you're getting your own local copy, Ric's solution will work.

Now, if you want to reconstruct the ENTIRE archive from the zips, it gets a little more complicated, but the same general procedure holds. You just have another level of directory ABOVE CastArch. I won't go into that unless it's needed though.

I'm not sure what the CastIndex.htm file is that you mention. I don't see it in the zip files, but that doesn't mean it isn't there.
Enjoy

Posts: 47 | Location: Gretna, LA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sky C.
posted Hide Post
Mochas Gracias!

I think I have it up and running now. Thank for all the help!

Best regards-

Sky

Posts: 103 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 03 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
SKY_C

on a different subject, Beagle want's some .348 info for a friend up NORT in Canada. I know you worked with that caliber enough to a a fair arcive of data. ...Geo

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sky C.
posted Hide Post
George-

I'd be happy to oblige. Advise what PM to send to and what format would be preferred, MS Excel or PDF.

Best regards-

Sky

one of us
posted Hide Post
SKY, I just sent him a email. I don't want to post hs addy uless he says OK. Understand?...Do me a favor and stop buy Lefthand brewery and hoist a couple of their Milk Stout's for me......Geo

Posts: 57 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sky C.
posted Hide Post
George-

Understood. I'll wait for an e-mail. As for Lefthand - just a few minutes from the house. Thanks for the excuse!

My personal favorite though is the Black Jack Porter - now that's a beer!

Best regards-

Sky