Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Excess Whellweights
 Login/Join

posted
I thought I would post here and offer my excess wheelweights and a little bit of Linotype. If there is any one living in North Missouri or West Central Illinois who would be interested post back and we can exchange email addresses and make the arrangements. I have between 1000 and 1500 pounds of wheelweights and approximately 200 pounds of Lino. I would rather see a caster get them instead of taking to a scrap metal dealer. Thanks, Fuzzy

Posts: 14 | Location: North Missouri | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm in St. Joe, How far east are you?

Posts: 363 | Location: Missouri Ozarks, USA | Registered: 10 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a fun party for the MOAS. Would require mucho help, though, because Sundog and I are getting worn down. We have about that much also to do, for some folks in St. Louis. We have to get onto that job before winter sets in too strongly. Right, Sundog? Yes, we can use physical labor help. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,

Anyplace close to Hannibal?

JD

Posts: 81 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 08 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW. I thought "excess wheelweights" was a contradiction of terms!

... so little time

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oxymoron to be precise. I am waiting on Buddy to figure out what we will do about a heat blanket for the MOAS -- then -- Katy, bar the door! sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Maybe someone having a large pickup or small trailer can plan a trip from the eastern area of MO on down to Tulsa picking up WW and other stuff along a meandering way (via KC, south to Springfield, over to Tulsa, for example). ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
-I did not relize it was possible to have excess WW [Big Grin]

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy, where in N. MO are you? I'm just north of KC and would be interested in what you have.
You can post a private message to me and I'll contact you.

Mark

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,
Send me an e-mail. I'm about 45 minutes from MO on 136.
Max

[ 11-19-2003, 03:18: Message edited by: Max503 ]

posted Hide Post
Well guys, I am way in northeast Missouri. I am probably 45 min. north of Hannibal. I would post private messages for you but I am not really familiar with the way this board opperates and I am not sure how to go about that. Send me email at tlbell@marktwain.net and we will work out something. Thanks

Posts: 14 | Location: North Missouri | Registered: 24 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm tempeted to drive there from Nevada!

Posts: 56 | Location: fallon, nv. | Registered: 02 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy, I spend a lot of time in Perry MO at Mark Twain Lake. A little southwest of Hannible, Mo. Could neet you at nearly any time. I am one of those guys from St. Louis Felix refers to.

Felix, If you and Sundog need help, let me know. I can come down I-44 after our firearms deer season and before our black powder season or any time after that excapt for our anterless season. Would be a great road trip. Would be more flexible except I have one new lady hunter and three kid new hunters I need to put on deer. Tall order.

woods

Posts: 48 | Location: st. charles | Registered: 07 January 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Woodsloafer, I had a couple of guys email me and I responded, but haven't heard back from them. If these guys don't take them then we will get something worked out. I have made my way down to the "Junction" a couple of times, so I am familiar with the area. I will post back here probably Saturday evening and let you know what is going on by then. Fuzzy

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Woodsloafer, you are welcome to help us out. If you come down to help, it wouldn't hurt to bring another ton of WW down with you. ... felix

one of us
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy, I am leaving this afternoon for Perry. Taking my twin stepdaughters deer hunting this weekend for the first time. They couldn't make opening weekend last week because they were in a high school play. In any event if you post Sat. I may not read it till Thursday next week cause I may stay up their for the last two days of gun season and will run some beagles with a friend on Wens.

Felix, I think coming down is doable depending on the date. Don't know if my old Explorer can't handle a ton of wheel weights might be able to handle a few.

By the way, had some fresh tenderloin out of a doe last night. It was so tender it nearly melted in your mouth. I was luck to get some as I was last in line behind the kids to dish up.

woods

posted Hide Post
Woodsloafer, I do have some guys wanting some of the weights. I don't know how much I will have left, but if I have some I will email you around Thanksgiving and let you know. We could work something out for the rest of them. I would enjoy Felix, Sundog and others getting a chance for using them. They have entertained me for years on the old Shooters board. I just figured out this morning how to use the email from this board. Thanks Fuzzy

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy, thank you for your offer of letting us have some of those WW. In reality, Sundog and I have plenty or our own. We would like to share yours with anyone who would get them here and help clean them. Any mixers, such as spare lino, would be used for the final mix, making the final WW that much better to cast with. ... felix

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
It's just the fact that this big MOAS cooker we have is idle 99 percent of the time and definitely needs more use to be cost/effective. We can never have too many cast boolit friends, and that's what's it's all about. The place where Sundog lives is out in the country side, and guns can be shot there with a chrono set up over a 50 yard stretch. An ideal location to do large batch smelting and test shootin'. ... felix

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trk:
WOW. I thought "excess wheelweights" was a contradiction of terms!

... so little time

Agreed catman. I don't think there's a such thang as too many ww's.

Ditto the latter line also.

[ 11-22-2003, 23:41: Message edited by: aladin ]

Posts: 1529 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the lake and deer hunting last night. As an up date, Dani one of the twin stepdaughters, got her first deer. Little button buck. We guesstimate 110-120 lbs. on the hoof. It's boned out and in the freezer as we speak. She used a 257 Roberts and hit it dead center chest behind the shoulder at about 80 yards. Pretty happy girl! Think I made a hunting buddy for life.

woods

posted Hide Post
Hi Woodsloafer, I have tried to email you from this BB and they have bounced. So I will just post here again and check back later. Glad you guys were able to get the kids some deer. As you said " a life long hunting buddy". Any way I have quite a bit of wheel weights left. I would estimate a half ton. If you are going to be up in Perry area again this winter or next spring, post back or email me at the email I left in another reply and we will work out something. I am trying to help take care of the renagade quail population now. You know all of the crop damage and mankilling they can do. (G) Thanks Fuzzy

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy,

Can you send me an email or PM? I live about 60 miles S of Quincy and would be interested in some of your WW's too.

Thanks,

Mark

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fuzzy, Got back from black powder season Wensday and had eo go duck hunting yesterday at an 800 acre duck club yesterday that Fiest National Bank owns here in St. Charles Co. Only four of us out and we all shot a limit of ducks. Me and the step son didn't get done picking ducks till 10 pm last night, we had to clean 18 as my cousin who works for the bank (I have no money) was leaving for vacation and my buddy Tony got called into work as a welder from his vacation to the tool making dept of Boeing Aircraft.

Also had a deer to put away. Let me know if you heard the " story" about the Europen Red Stag that was killed near Perry. I have details.

I'll send an E-mail and let you know my schedual as far as being in Perry the next few months.

Felix, A road trip is possible after Christmas as all I'll have to do is rabbit hunting and bird hunting is all I'll have left to do. Maybe a little coyote too! Wish Lew could come along but his health may not allow. Let me know what you and Sundog think.

Better run as I have to read the rest of the board and return some calls to some of my hunting buddies/

woods

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Woods, there is always a winter thaw down here in January or February. We should pay attention to the weekly forcasts for the Tulsa area to pick a time. Sundog has a work schedule, but should not be as critical after Jan 31 because W2's/1099's should all be sent out by then. Sundog might chime in on the best time for him. If you really want to come down it would be more logical to clean everybody's lead, and distribute the clean stuff upon return trip. ... felix

one of us
posted Hide Post
Felix, Don't have anyyhing going yet for Feb. but that is pretty far off for me. Still we can entertain the thought for a Feb. trip. Don't know what the "yeild" would be on a ton of wheel weights out of the MOAS but it may be more than my old Explorer can haul.

woods

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Woods, yield is around 80 percent. ... felix