New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooters' Talk website
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone else been unable to access the Shooters' Talk website? I haven't been able to "dial it up" for the past two days. ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's down. Question is, temporarily ???

Oldfeller

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Oldfeller"? I like that handle,sounds like my kinda guy!lol derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
I tried but wasn't able to either.

Posts: 2924 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 475/480
posted Hide Post
I tried last night at 10:00 pm central time it was down then.

Posts: 562 | Location: Houston Tx | Registered: 23 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is one full day for me, I have e-mails from others saying it has been 2 days for them.

Message you get is not encouraging. "Not found" has a pretty nasty sound to it.

Does anyone have any sort of phone contact with the guys who held the list "up" while it "gracefully transitioned"? We may have finally "transitioned".

I will e-mail Buckshot tonight at his home to find out where "Tuesday at the range" will be posted if Shooters is not back up. Buckshot and Felix pretty much are defining as far as that goes. Both posted here last time Shooters died on us.

As a matter of fact, most all of us posted here last time we went through this end of the list garbage, so everyone has their "same name" here by and large.

Aggravating, to say the least.

Hello all you fine Accurate folks, your Shooters cousins from all over the Midwest and Southwest and Carolinas have dropped in for a friendly visit again while their old digs are being rebuilt .....

Oldfeller

[ 08-20-2003, 23:46: Message edited by: Oldfeller ]

Posts: 386 | Registered: 30 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy, group.

Being in severe withdrawal pains from missing my "fix" over at Shooters' Cast Bullet Board, I am very pleased to see some familiar handles over here at Accurate Reloading.

I hope we can re-assemble the group here, in the event that our former 'home' has bitten the dust. They carried us a lot longer than I'd thought possible, and I for one really appreciate that.

There's still plenty to discuss about cast bullets!

This Board wouldn't allow my previous handle, so....

Regards from Bren Mk1 (aka BruceB)

Posts: 437 | Location: nevada | Registered: 01 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm relieved it wasn't my computer or server! Good to hear from so many of my Shooters' Talk: CB Board friends. It must be true about misery loving company. ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking we've seen the last of Shooters. I hope I'm wrong. This is a pretty good forum, but it doesn't feel like home.
Maineboy

Posts: 39 | Location: Caribou, Maine | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Oldfeller,

Don't forget some of us casters from the Keystone State also...Guess my handle is good here. Just was getting ready to post some more of my results with WC-844 and the 7-30 Waters fired from my Contender. Maybe Shooter's will return and the thread can be continued...BCB

Posts: 212 | Location: WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Greetings all,

You are as welcome to post here as ever, and don't have to worry about any sensorship, as there is none. I post as 458 lott over on shooters.

Bruce, I kinda like your new handle, too bad our fed requirements will keep me from owning a full auto, but a bren would certainly be a neat one to have.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys,
I miss shooters too. I lurked a long time and never registerd and then it was too late. I don't post much because my keyboard skills are not the greatest. Every once in a while I have the urge to chime in. I've been casting and shooting same going on 40yrs. Just when I thought I was getting it figured out I got me a computer and found these talk forums. I learned more about casting and shooting em in 2yrs then I ever learned on my own. Very very knowledgeable people on shooters and other groups

Posts: 31 | Location: western Pa | Registered: 14 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm here.

Mike

Posts: 64 | Location: Charleston, sc | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Home is where your family's at. I don't really care where we land, but it would be nice to keep the source of collective wisdom together. BD

Posts: 163 | Location: Greenville, Maine | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi, guys. I made it too. Might be hard getting used to calling BruceB something else.
Best, Ernie

Posts: 52 | Location: Spring Creek, NV | Registered: 18 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Howdy, group.

I imagine I can still sign off with my original handle. I'll try it on this post and see. I don't mind the new one, though....the namesake gun is one of my all-time favorites.

Thanks for the warm welcome. Us homeless waifs really appreciate staggering into a new fireside where 'cast boolits' is spoken and understood. It's my fond hope that the whole gang from the previous Board at Shooters' hears of this place and joins us here. Spread the word by e-mail to all whose addresses you might have, OK?

Shooters' carried us a lot longer than I'd expected, considering their going out of business. I don't know the ins-and-outs of Internet site financing, but SOMEONE really deserves out thanks.

I'm looking forward to a LONG period of swapping techniques, stories and fibs with everyone....

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

one of us
posted Hide Post
..........Buckshot here. Now it's gonna be Whitworth92374 I guess. I wasn't able to access Shooters.com for 2 days. This is a nice site, but I'm sure going to miss the choice of chronological or topical listing :-(.

I'll be those guys on the BPCR board are scrambling.

Bucksh........ er Whitworth  -

Posts: 119 | Location: Redlands, Calif | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This forum looks like the leader in gathering up shooters "refugees".. hello to all,,,,,Idabull

Posts: 142 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It will take alot more than a site going belly up to keep me from lurkin' on the gang from shooters!

Posts: 35 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Guest>
posted
I'm still just Sweet 'Old Bob S. just about everyplace I go ...

Resp'y,
Bob S.

posted Hide Post
Glad to see we found this welcomed port in the cyber space storm.
oksmle

Posts: 3 | Location: Moore, OK | Registered: 21 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
The one thing I like about this site over shooters is the ability to put pics in with your post.

one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Here is a pic of my 70 cal Howda that I've mentioned before.
 -
[Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Its not the same.....I wanna go home!!!!!!

Two days lost in the wilderness. I hope everyone from Shooters is fine and that the commaradie and family atomsphere continues.IHMSASKIWI checking in.

Posts: 41 | Location: new zealand | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,
I just registered after Oldfeller told me over at Greybeards that most were over here.
I haven't been able to get onto Shooters since Tuesday morning so...............-JDL

Posts: 61 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well it looks like a gathering of the clan. Please note I did not spell that with a K! Very inportant difference don't you know. Look like somebody pulled the plug on Shooters. I guess you would get tired of paying for server space with no offsetting income. I hate to see shooters go, but this looks like a nice place with like minded shooters.

What will become of our fun postal match. I finally got my round tuit and put my ten into the little black square, which is very hard to see at 100 yards. I am not proud of the results, but this is all in fun...Right!!! I need Felix to show up and score the target. Beside that I want my damn lube when the big melt takes place.

Posts: 263 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Calamity Jake's here, although I don't post much I'm goina miss shooters and yes I to want to thank the person(s) that kept the site alive for as long as they did.

Later

CJ

Posts: 43 | Location: Okla. | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Buckshot, BruceB and others, this is a great board and Saeed is the perfect host. Seemed to me that a number of the forums (fora?) at Shooters were growing rather moribund anyway.
Bill, aka Abert Rim

Posts: 16512 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hope your old gang gets back together here. I have lurked for a long time. When I would registerd I would be out to long or what ever and could not get back in . Good luck to you all . Hope to get to sit around the camp fire with you all.
gregg

Posts: 112 | Location: Bonetown,South Dakota | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I lost Shooters late Monday night. I surely hope it is a temporary thing, but, I don't hold out much hope. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
At least we can all get together here.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

A very warm welcome to each and everyone of you.

As my friend Paul mentioned above, this is a free site.

No adverts and no censorship.

I hope you enjoy visiting us here.

Posts: 67312 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, sir;

I've already expressed my gratitude for having your website as a refuge. I'll warn you now, though, that this group of broken-down left-over casters from Shooters is more like a batch of poor relatives. We've dropped in "for a visit" as you say....but you might have a HELL of a time getting us back out the door!

Hmmm....that looks like a comfy chair right over there.... I think I'll maybe just set down fer a spell.....

And, MANY thanks to you for the courteous and friendly reception here.

Regards from BruceB (aka Bren Mk1)

one of us
posted Hide Post
.....well,it's been three days now, so guess I better get with it and get on Dubai time, cause this does appear to be the place where the action is. Appreciate the cordial welcome!

Hi Ho Galena awaaaay!!!

Regards, kid(aka jethrow strait)

Posts: 31 | Location: Arizona, cerca de la frontera y lejos de D�os | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just checking in to say hi. [The caster formerly known as MT Gianni]

Posts: 65 | Location: Western MT | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lar45
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'll second the thanks to Saeed for a wonderful sight here. After the first shooters scare, I started hanging out here and spending equal time on both. For those of you who haven't seen Saeed's home videos of unwary 577 T-Rex shooters, they are hillarious. [Eek!] Given the opportunity, I would have a go at the T-Rex just to say I did.
Thanks again Saeed.

posted Hide Post
Howdy: Im another lost soul from Shooters.
Glad to see some familiar names here

Posts: 6 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Another straggler checkin' in from Shooters. Mostly a lurker, but need a fix from time to time. Regards, Woody

Posts: 98 | Location: S.E. Oregon too close to PRK | Registered: 28 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just got an email from Felix about where to send the target for the postal match and he refered me here for result, so I guess this is the place. I will get used to it...rather adaptable fellow I am!

Posts: 263 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

We'd like you to feel at home here, and if you have any suggestions for any new forums to be added, we'll be glad to help.

I am off tomorrow to Tanzania, and hopefully should be back by the 12th of September.

Enjoy yourselves, and have a great time.

Posts: 67312 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Darned shame about shooter.com. Just checking to see if this works.

BH

Posts: 48 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote