New
Find
Notify
Tools

375H&H Cast Loads??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sourced locally some very fine GCFN 375 bullets and looking for loads of 1800-2200 fps range.
Plus or minus on the velocity fine, not looking for velocity of jacketed bullets, but good plinking/practice loads. Weight of bullets is 285 grains.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
50gr of IMR4064 works very well with the RCBS 260gr bullets I use. Although pressure is low and should work with your 285, you may want to reduce it a couple of grains and work up. Varget works as a substitute. IMR3031, any of the 4895s and countless other powders work too, but you'll have to adjust the amount of powder.

Mark Pursell

Posts: 544 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: 21 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have had great success, at a greatly reduced cost; with a mil-spec powder available at www.patsreloading.com called WC-7383. I shoot a 311gr (WW) NEI RFNGC with 37gr avg MV of1730fps and 2moa at 50 yds just to get my nephew into speed drills and 20 rounds three days a week shooting.
The powder is $24 for a 7lb keg plus shipping.
It works pretty well in my 9,3x62 and 416 Rigby.
I am ordering four more kegs in the morning.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Rich,
Good tip on source. I bought so much WC846 powder few years ago for my 223 and 308 shooting that won't have to buy anymore rest of my life. I like the surplus powder and will give your suggestion a try. Just a few hours drive to the location, but see he is not accepting pick ups these days until he gets the orders filled. I will order tomorrow for sure.

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I didn't see that powder on Pats site.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's IMR 7383 and last I checked it was temp out of stock @ Pat's and Hi-Tech