New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooters.com Archive
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I thought I had saved the archive site for Shooters.com CB, but when I went to it today, I could not access it.
Is it down, or off the net?
Does someone hve a copy I could get?
Thanks - Lew
lewisgoldstein - at - aol.com

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: 19 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I can't get to mine either. Guess I didn't have it saved after all. Boy what alot of great information gone! Now that I think of it, all I saved was on the net. I'm not to good on the puter, didn't think of it till now!!!
W.B.

Posts: 25 | Location: WV | Registered: 27 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Somebody (I forget his handle) posted this url recently for Shooters Cast Bullet archives:
http://urugami.homelinux.net/castarch/index.htm
Hope this helps, Jake6

Posts: 5 | Location: Connecticut | Registered: 12 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I sure wish that link worked....tried it and several variations of it,no luck. I would love to have the Lee-menting info to share. 45nut

Posts: 538 | Location: elsewhere | Registered: 07 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LostCajun made the archive. It was working last week, but I tried it just now and it was gone. Might try in a few days and see if it is working again.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, guys. Murphy struck over the weekend.
I got back from a great holiday weekend to find my network acting funny, and some scary-looking messages scrolling up my server screen. Tried to reboot, but there's an error on the system partition. Not having the facilities at 2:00AM to do serious troublshooting and/or repair, I just shut it down this morning. I don't know exactly how long it was down before then.... sorry.
The data should be OK, and I'll get it back online as soon as possible. Hopefully the coffee will still be working this evening, and I can get it back up by then.
LostCajun

Posts: 47 | Location: Gretna, LA | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK.. I think the archives are back up again.
Let me know if y'all can't get to 'em.
LC

one of us
posted Hide Post
It is working great!!!

one of us
Picture of C1PNR
posted Hide Post
Just tried it and it's BACK!!!

Thanks LostCajun,

Posts: 312 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 02 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lostcajun - Can you tell me how to save all this to disc?

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ric, and anyone else who's interested...
To get your own copy of the archives, go to this location -
http://urugami.homelinux.net/shooterscaps/CastArch/ZipFiles/
and download all the zip files there.
Now, create a directory called "CastArch" on your hard drive, and unzip "CastCap.zip" into this directory. That's the main index.
Next, in this CastArch directory, create another directory called "cbb10501", and unzip the file "cbb10501.zip" into this directory.
Then, in the CastArch directory, create another directory called "cbb10001", and unzip the file "cbb10001.zip" into this directory.
Etcetera and so on up the list. Basically, you'll create a new directory for each ZIP file, using the same name for the directory as the file (without the .zip extension), and then unzip each file into its directory. This will keep the links in the Main Index working.
Got it?
It's not easy to describe well, but it isn't hard to do. If you go here - http://urugami.homelinux.net/shooterscaps/CastArch/ - you can see the directory structure you'll need. CastArch is the main directory, with a few files and all the sub-directories in it. Each sub-directory has a bunch of files (the actual thread pages) and its own index.
If you need any more help, just let me know.
LC

one of us
posted Hide Post
LostCajun,

Did you perchance archibe the BPCR board?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wills,
Sorry, I didn't get the BPCR board. Now that I think of it, I didn't get everything I wanted to. Lost the program I used in a crash.
The top index of what I did get is here:
http://urugami.homelinux.net/shooterscaps/index.htm
I think I remember somebody did get the whole enchilada, but I forgot who it was, and what form it was in, so that really doesn't help us any, does it?
LC