New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ideal 32359 mould......whats it for?
 Login/Join

<Hutt>
posted
This mould throws a 115 fp bullet......whats it for?

one of us
posted Hide Post
8mm Lebel Revolver

I had to cheat and look that up.

Posts: 1570 | Location: Base of the Blue Ridge | Registered: 04 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Lyman cast bullet handbook, circa 1958, lists this bullet on page 133. "A favorite for .32 Ideal cartridges and for large barreled 32-40's with 4 grains of Unique." There is a further notation that Mr. X got better groups with this than with jacketted bullets in his 8mm.

Posts: 27 | Location: Speedway Indiana | Registered: 27 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have one and it shoots real well with light loads of Unique in my 32-40. Would make an excellent plinking and small game load for woods walking./beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beagle, I bet that lil ole boolit would sure be a good plinker in the 32 Win Spcl. Kinda like that lil 113 Lee boolit in the 30-30. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sundog....It sure does. Next time I cast a batch, I'll send you a box to mess with. I've shot them in the 32 Special but still haven't messed with it much as I need to D & T it so I can scope it. Shoots all right with irons. They sure shoot well in the 32-40 though./beagle

Posts: 234 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 26 January 2001Reply With Quote