New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hensley & Gibbs Molds
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have any info (diameter, weight) on H&G #5 and H&G #20 molds?

Posts: 438 | Location: California | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Check with Ballisti-Cast who is the successor to H&G and uses their designs. They deliver H&G molds that are as nice as the originals!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ca_reloader, Go to http:/castpics.net and scroll down to Hensley & Gibbs, then click on it. You'll find a sheet with many of the designs/calibers they produced. ...Maven

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ca_reloader I think you will find that those two moulds are not listed in the H&G info because I feel that they are very old. H&G didn't produce rifle bullet moulds for many of the last years that they were in busines other than for the 30 carbine cartridge.

Are these the two moulds on e-bay? I too had looked at them and wondered about the cal. and the weight.

I have a way that you might find out and that is to go to handloads.com and go to the cast bullet forum and post the question. Wayne Gibbs hangs out there occasionally and might know the answer and reply. Wes

Old enough to know better, to young to resist!!!!

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening!!!!!!!

Posts: 60 | Location: texas | Registered: 27 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
These two are NOT in my H&G catalogue so I e-mailed Wayne Gibbs and asked. I'll let you know what I find out.

Posts: 116 | Location: flagstaff, arizona | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
#5 - a 25 caliber 87 grain 1940 vintage bullet designed by Perry D. Frazer.

#20 - 30 caliber 179 grain 1948 vintage bullet.

Posts: 116 | Location: flagstaff, arizona | Registered: 09 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
klw - Thanks for your help!

Posts: 438 | Location: California | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With Quote