Find
Notify
Tools

.368" lube & size die
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted
Where can a fella find one of these? Got the urge to try some cast boolits in my 9.3x57.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Stillwell Stillwell at sizingdie.com

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm shooting some NEI 275 and 305 +/- cast in my X62, about 2" at 100 and 3" at 200. I haven't tinkered much yet, the big boomers are taking all my time. I hope to get consistent 1.25" at 100 with it next spring.

Rich
DRSS
Knowledge not shared is knowledge lost...

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
+1 on Stillwell. Only place I know they can be had.

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Mr Stillwell is retired as of 01/01/08. You could probably drill or ream then polish a die that was smaller. I think there is a guy on Cast Bullets forum that does that. If you have a machine shop in your town they could do it or a friend with a lathe.

one of us
Picture of z1r
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loyd:
Mr Stillwell is retired as of 01/01/08. You could probably drill or ream then polish a die that was smaller. I think there is a guy on Cast Bullets forum that does that. If you have a machine shop in your town they could do it or a friend with a lathe.

Man, talk about snoozing and loosing!

Looks like I'll have to make one. I'd rather spend my time making guns or shooting than making dies.

Aut vincere aut mori

Posts: 4860 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 07 February 2002Reply With Quote