New
Find
Notify
Tools

cast bullets in 6.5 MS
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi I want to makew some practice loads for the 6.5 Mannlicher. I'm not looking for full power with the fast twist. Does anybody have a reciepy (sp)
that works. I don't have time to do a lot of experimentation.
es

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not to stop anyone else from responding, but look at all the experimentation done with the 6.5x55. Should be reasonably close and there's lots of stuff out there! Do a search on this and a couple of the other cast bullet boards and you'll be amazed.

Tim K
(trk)
Cat whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery

Posts: 621 | Location: Virginia mountains | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thanks Smiler
es

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.

Posts: 1226 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 12 July 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up that you might not get great results in a fast twist 6.5, even at mild velocities. I was in on the Oldfeller custom 6.5 mold order, and never got decent accuracy even at mild velocities.

I would suggest sticking with a lighter bullet, as it will stabalize at the slower speeds, make sure it is large enough in dia for your bore and throat, and use a powder like unique and keep the velocities in the 1400-1600 fps range.

Lyman had a 120 gr mold but I don't recall if it is still offered.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote