The Accurate Reloading Forums
cast bullets in 6.5 MS

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1811043/m/866109564

17 April 2006, 23:28
els
cast bullets in 6.5 MS
Hi I want to makew some practice loads for the 6.5 Mannlicher. I'm not looking for full power with the fast twist. Does anybody have a reciepy (sp)
that works. I don't have time to do a lot of experimentation.
es

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.
18 April 2006, 05:32
trk
Not to stop anyone else from responding, but look at all the experimentation done with the 6.5x55. Should be reasonably close and there's lots of stuff out there! Do a search on this and a couple of the other cast bullet boards and you'll be amazed.

Tim K
(trk)
Cat whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
18 April 2006, 08:12
els
thanks Smiler
es

If you own a gun and you are not a member of the NRA and other pro 2nd amendment organizations then YOU are part of the problem.
18 April 2006, 21:29
Paul H
Just a heads up that you might not get great results in a fast twist 6.5, even at mild velocities. I was in on the Oldfeller custom 6.5 mold order, and never got decent accuracy even at mild velocities.

I would suggest sticking with a lighter bullet, as it will stabalize at the slower speeds, make sure it is large enough in dia for your bore and throat, and use a powder like unique and keep the velocities in the 1400-1600 fps range.

Lyman had a 120 gr mold but I don't recall if it is still offered.