New
Find
Notify
Tools

WHOOPS! Two Times
 Login/Join

<ben.>
posted
Decided to get a fourth Lyman Lubrisizer just for Felix's bulk lube. E-bay $40.75 shipped with 429 H&I sizer & 311 top punch. I already have a 311 TP but my .429 sizer I had honed out to .431.
So that worked out ok. The lubrisizer was such a mess that I had to take it completely apart to clean, also to recut the threads in the adjusting screw. I'm not complaining cause it certainly was cheap enough and it cleaned up ok.
Now the WHOOPS! I melted the lube and poured it in the reservoir. Guess what, without a H&I sizer it just went on thru. I made a mess. I cleaned up a sizer and stuck it in the press. The
Lube hit the floor again I had forgotten to put the push out rod in the sizer when I cleaned it.
Another mess on the floor. Third try got it right. Good thing I have a 4X8 piece of hard board on the rug. ben.

<ben.>
posted
I should of put a comma after shipped. The price was $40.75 shipped. I was lucky to get it, as it was shipped in a shipping envelope, that was all torn up. ben.

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Gosh, Ben, that sounds like a lot of effort for us older gents. I can't even keep track of one luber machine! If I had two of them, or four, I could never make up my mind which one I am going to play with today. Which lube is in which one? Now, where is that 44 die? Oh, well, wrong luber machine. Let's just go with that lube in that machine and see what happens. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Felix

Let me ask you if you do this one when you go to your gun safe, I do. Eenie Meenie Minee Mo, which gun today to the range will go. Gets hard deciding which one to shoot or like the best. Yeah I know ya'll say the one that shoots the most accurate is the one that is liked the best.

Joe

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Joe, that's always been a problem, but much more so lately. I was talking to Sundog about this, and the conclusion drawn was that we need to start cutting down on the number of guns. The problem is, which ones? Who in the family wants which ones? You know, what someone would like to have today would be a different one tomorrow, or 5 years from now. I have no more than about 5 children in the surounding family who would be takers, and only one or two serious ones. My two sons, Tommy and Nick, are fairly well set with their own machinery. ... felix

Posts: 477 | Location: fort smith ar | Registered: 17 September 2002Reply With Quote
<ben.>
posted
Felix: I write it down unless I can see the # on
the sizer. I only had one lube to worry about since I melted the 4 formulas together. Now I have another one. Since my open heart I haven't
shot rifle but twice then quit cause it hurt my chest. Started shooting 38/357 pistol. Got tired of adjusting the seater die for the PB bullet moulds I have. I ended up buying 6 sets of dies
including the 2 I had. I now have 8 sets. 4 for 38 and 4 for 357. I like my coax press and a washer from 38 to 357 won't work. I need to buy
2 more dies for my GC moulds which I'll adjust as needed. I'll use them on one of my regular presses. My 3 lubrisizers have .358,.359 and .360 H&I sizers. I have been using the .360 sizer to lube the bullets. I have .358 and .359
Lee sizers. I'll use them to resize the .360 bullets. I'm going to do this with all my calibers. Only need 3 more lubrisizers and half doz Lee sizers. Tuesday I'm having my right shoulder replaced followed by my left later. I guess I won't even be shooting pistol for a while. I think the only reason I shoot anymore is cause I enjoy casting and reloading. ben.

one of us
Picture of felix
posted Hide Post
Me too, Ben. The "research" part of the hobby is about the only part I still enjoy that's worth a hoot. If Sundog were here, I'd go the riva more often. Only been a couple of times in three months. That's bad. ... felix