Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anti Rust Zip Bags for bullet Mould, I have extra
 Login/Join

posted
I bought VCI Corrosion and Rust inhibiting bags to protect my bullet moulds, but I had to buy a 1000 bags and am offering what I have left over to other casters. They are 6"x8" 4 Mil Zip lock Blue made by Cortec. The poly is impregnated with a vapor releasing compound that attaches molecularly to metals parts stored within the bags. You can check out the bags at www.cortecvci.com, look on the web page for part # VCI-126 Blue. Bags are blue in color.
I have $.40 ea in the bags to recover and am offering in lots of 10. I can first Class mail 10 bags for $5.29 to the lower 48 a little more for Alaska I think. If you can use let me know via PM or email. jamesc@emerytelcom.net

Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
How do you remove the VCI deposited vapor/ppt. from the mold before you start casting? - Lew

Posts: 66 | Location: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: 19 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have not had to remove any residue as there is no residue.. It is molecluar in thickness, emitted as a vapor. You can check it out at www.cortecvci.com . Hope that answeres your quesiton ok.

Red_Canyon
Southeastern Utah