Find
Notify
Tools

Lee C430-310-RF bullet
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted
Has anyone used the 310 gr bullet from Lee? I'm looking at using this in a Ruger Redhawk .44 Mag and just wondering if anyone has had good accuracy/results with this bullet.

==============================
"I'd love to be the one to disappoint you when I don't fall down" --Fred Durst

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is very accurate. I cast them pretty hard, use Felix lube, 21.5 gr of 296 and a Fed 150 primer.
Good deer boolit too.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
Ditto's, it's an excellent bullet, shot just as accurately as those cast from an LBT mold. Also Lee's 240 gr swc gc in 44 is a great bullet.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I have shot groups out of my SRH at 50 yards that I would be happy with at 25 yards with other bullets. Have not shot further as I ran out and have been casting other things that are not in a single cavity mold.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
THE BEST heavy projectile out of my RSR. Best accuracy with middling H110 loads, but still very good with medium or fast powders and lower velocities. Very lube tolerant as well. I've used regular Lee Liquid alox, liquid alox mixed with Johnson's paste wax [gave a more uniform coverage than just alox], home made and commercial stick lubes, sized and unsized, with and without a GC. If I had to buy JUST ONE one .44 cal mold, this would be it.

Cheers, Albatross.

Posts: 2497 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
As long as you get a good mold, it's a heck of a heavy bullet from any 44mag platform. I can get 2" groups @ 100yds, benched, in my Bisley hunter w/ 2x scope. H110 or 2400 runing 1200fps. I use Lar's Carnuba lube.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
Nice! Thanks for the input guys. I thought that particular bullet looked promising.

Posts: 759 | Location: St Cloud, MN | Registered: 17 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of the_captain
posted Hide Post
Just an update...this is a great bullet. They are cast from straight WW and water dropped. I wouldn't even need to size them, but I do tumble lube them so I can push them through the lee sizer to seat a gas check. The sizer just barely kisses the edges. Currently, I'm using just liquid alox and shooting them either as cast w/o a gas check or sized with the check - just trying to see if it makes any real difference. So far, it looks really good.

Very happy with the mold and the bullets. I especially like that fact that my Redhawk's cylinder is long enough to use the extra lower crimp groove and give me a bit more room in the case. Since this is my first try at casting my own bullets, I'm glad to be seeing success right off (well, as soon as I figured out the right temperature and technique for my melting pot and mold!)