Notify
Tools

Majic RPM Number = 720
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight,

You guys got into a huge pissing contest over on castboolit.com, then decided to bring that crap over here and hash it all out again?

Nice.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Smokin Joe how fitting, he's definately smokin somethin rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
swheeler

The last telephone conversation I had with joe after he was banned on Cast Boolit forum we were actually getting along and agreeing on a lot of things. I had made considerable headway with the 6.5 Swede using 45 2.1's technique. Even though I had not equaled the accuracy joe claims nor the velocity he thought I was doing good. When I first saw this thread title I thought we would continue with 6,5 experiments/tests here. Obviously all he wants is a pissing contest and to rant at those who he percieves wronged him on the Cast Boolit Forum.

That is a shame as I've made some real progress with HV cast bullet loads (at least with the 3GB cast bullet) in the 6.5 Swede. I'm not about to claim the accuracy level joe does though. Mine is running about 1 1/2 to 2 moa with linear expansion of the group through 200 yards. Perhaps that is just as good as it will get with the 3GB bullet. Joe won't send me the Kurtz bullets as he has promised with which he claims such accuracy as 1/2 moa at 100 yards with 10 shot groups at 2385 fps so I don't really know. What I do know is I'm unable to get the same velocity or accuracy with a very similar (same weight, both Lovern designs) cast bullet using the same load in the same length barrels. I get around 200 fps less and only 1 1/2 moa 10 shot group average. I only state that as fact and joe then throws a temper tantrum as if I call him a liar...yadda...yadda...add nauseum. He's worse than the kidd who doesn't like the call and wants to take his football home.

Oh well, joe just wants to spout his usual vindictive personal attacks here for waht ever reason. However, it is plain to see that his reason is not to further anyone's knowledge of loading cast bullets. Seems all he wants to do is criticise everyone else and brag.

I'll call BS
bsflag
on him as long as he continues that line of posts.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:

You guys got into a huge pissing contest over on castboolit.com, then decided to bring that crap over here and hash it all out again?

Nice.

There was not any "pissin" contest on the thread that joe mentions over at the Cast boolit Forum simply because he is banned over there and can't piss over there anymore. I wouldn't discuss the topic there with him if he was still there anyways. I was hoping for a decent discusion of how to push the velocity higher with the 6.5 Swede but all joe wants to do is piss and moan about those who he percieves banned him. Too bad, it could have been a decent worthwhile discusion of cast bullets in the 6.5 Swede. Appears not be though.

Larry Gibson

Posts: 1489 | Location: University Place, WA | Registered: 18 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Your nose is growing. Hmmmm--seems that could be directed at many that have posted on this thread.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I suggest you guys consider why you were banned from castbullets, and adjust your behavior accordingly.

If you prefer to be respectful and help out some fellow shooters, then you are in the right place. If you want to join a forum and start pissing matches, please go over to 24 hour camp pissers. That's what they do best.

Posts: 3034 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 01 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Larry Gibson:
quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke Slim:

Nice.

There was not any "pissin" contest on the thread that joe mentions over at the Cast boolit Forum simply because he is banned over there and can't piss over there anymore. I wouldn't discuss the topic there with him if he was still there anyways. I was hoping for a decent discusion of how to push the velocity higher with the 6.5 Swede but all joe wants to do is piss and moan about those who he percieves banned him. Too bad, it could have been a decent worthwhile discusion of cast bullets in the 6.5 Swede. Appears not be though.

Larry Gibson

Notice the pattern there slowpoke that I mentioned about Larry. He always has to be right even when it comes to arguing and mud slinging. Remember the narcissistic personality I mentioned? There it is coming out again. The real truth about me getting banned over on Castboolits is about the names I called the "founding fathers", that was private message was turned into Ken by a what supposely was a friend but turned out to be a rat. Always Larry got about a two week vacation (banning) for his constant arguing, and as Ken put "demeanoring members" in those 6.5 threads. As 45 2.1 pointed out Larry wouldn't follow directions on how to load the Swede to HV with accuracy (and Larry 1 inch isn't the accuracy that can be had, ask Bob, but you won't because you have no balls)again because of his personality mentioned. It has to be Larry's way and he has to be right, he has to win. Well he met his match (and a lot more then some) with me. He even wanted me to ship him my Swede rifle, my ammo, my bullets, etc.. If you don't believe that go back in this thread and look at him asking 45 2.1 Bob for bullets.

Now here is a message from Ken to Larry about his arguing and demeanoring in those 6.5 threads: I am invoking a ten day vacation so you can view this forum from a new perspective as to why you are a member here, not to tag along and demean anyone just for sport and show.
> This decision took me a couple days to think over and read through your posts recently as to ascertain your pattern and agenda.
>
> This forum is not about getting in the last word and demeaning other members, it is about getting along and helping fellow members first and foremost.
>
> I do not take this decision lightly and I still regard you as educated and an asset to us, but reviewing your posts gave me reason to act and make sure you understand the repeated bashing of anyone will not be allowed here.
>
> You are on notice that any further demeaning of joe will result in additional vacations so putting him on ignore is not optional, but mandatory from this point forward.

To show that I'm not just imagining Larry's personality here is an email from a very prominent member of that forum and many other forums: LarryG is one of those people you'll never be able to communicate with on a fair and equitable level. Because of this I'm going to try.. try... try.. try... to avoid having contact with him. I've known way too many people in my life who've aggravated me with their insidious behavior. I just don't fuckin' need it. Know what I mean? He gets to you. 45 2.1 tries to avoid him as well, but you continue trying to have a dialog with the guy and he always frustrates the beejeebers out of you. Me, too. But I'm going to draw the line, the LarryG line. You just can't get to someone like him. He's so dysfunctional he's convinced himself of his own superiority to you unwashed heathen. With your way of thinking you'll just never best him at his game. He makes the rules. You'll loose every time you try.. in his eyes. He'll never concede to you.
I would prefer my time on the cast bullet forum NOT be contentious and stress inducing.

I didn't make that up either. Larry, yeah I play dirty pool because I'm really tired of your crap and BS.

Larry has a silver tongue like Barrack Obama and he has probably fooled many of you into making him appear that he is the good guy, the righteous guy, and dead on with his theories; while making me looks like the dummy and trouble maker. There are many who have seen through this...me, 45 2.1, the email sender of the email above,to name a few and more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This kicked off another forum? Several. I think maybe even the religious ones. Been ongoing for years. I have read some of it and don't get it. What is the big deal if you have a 6.5 that shoots cast? To me it's a chrome plated road grader deal. Even if accurate it aint a hunting round. I know my .243 with cast is dismal and don't see a 6.5 being any better. .22 are much more comfortable to shoot as a target round. So what if you are shooting 1/8th inch groups at a 1000? Maybe that much effort into a gun that is more cast friendly to begin with and those great big 1/8th groups might be 1/16th". BTW with a keyboard shooting those 1/8th inch groups is pretty easy--heck I do that all time along with bowling 302 games and shooting 17 on 18 hole golf courses. But still I know of no organization that pays my rent and buys my groceries for being able to shoot cast in a 6.5. If I could shoot that 17 on a real golf course (not my keyboard) or bowl that 302 everytime that's another story. To me this is about like the kid that has the fastest car and thinks he is king of the world. Doesnt impress me the high fuel bills and tickets and constantly tearing things up and high cost of repair. I have a .223 that is very accurate with jacketed bullets, but I never got it to shoot cast. Would it bother me that someone else has a .223 that shoots cast? Not at all. If they told me several "secret" deals that would make it shoot cast, would I do it? No. I have .222 and 22-250 that shoot cast, so I'd put the extra effort into maybe making them better. You can train a jackass all you want but you aint gonna win the Kentucky Derby with one.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
This kicked off another forum? Several. I think maybe even the religious ones. Been ongoing for years. I have read some of it and don't get it. What is the big deal if you have a 6.5 that shoots cast? To me it's a chrome plated road grader deal. Even if accurate it aint a hunting round. I know my .243 with cast is dismal and don't see a 6.5 being any better. .22 are much more comfortable to shoot as a target round. So what if you are shooting 1/8th inch groups at a 1000? Maybe that much effort into a gun that is more cast friendly to begin with and those great big 1/8th groups might be 1/16th". BTW with a keyboard shooting those 1/8th inch groups is pretty easy--heck I do that all time along with bowling 302 games and shooting 17 on 18 hole golf courses. But still I know of no organization that pays my rent and buys my groceries for being able to shoot cast in a 6.5. If I could shoot that 17 on a real golf course (not my keyboard) or bowl that 302 everytime that's another story. To me this is about like the kid that has the fastest car and thinks he is king of the world. Doesnt impress me the high fuel bills and tickets and constantly tearing things up and high cost of repair. I have a .223 that is very accurate with jacketed bullets, but I never got it to shoot cast. Would it bother me that someone else has a .223 that shoots cast? Not at all. If they told me several "secret" deals that would make it shoot cast, would I do it? No. I have .222 and 22-250 that shoot cast, so I'd put the extra effort into maybe making them better. You can train a jackass all you want but you aint gonna win the Kentucky Derby with one.

You're right Ray. If you posted you shot 1/2 groups with you 243 using cast bullets I would applaud you. This isn't the way it is with Larry. If he can't do it you're a lier and it can't be done. He won't accept anything else. Then he'll make up a million rules or excuses.

Ray you can get that 243 shooting good groups you just have to work with it and try lots of different things. Being it's a modern rifle you won't have to fool with military brass for thicker necks. Thing is I know you don't want to fool with it so can't help you.

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Antelope Sniper:
I suggest you guys consider why you were banned from castbullets, and adjust your behavior accordingly.

If you prefer to be respectful and help out some fellow shooters, then you are in the right place.

Given what has been posted to date I dont think anything will be constructively added to this or any forum by one of the above, so have made good use of the ignore button. Smoking has again showed that it is bad for you and certainly seems to have a negative effect on one low post count member.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2685 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe--re-read my post. My .243 (Win mod 70)does very well with cast bullets and over a chronograph that seemed to be reading everything else accurately it showed much higher velocity than the book said. It showed 2900 fps when I expected 2400fps. Whatever the speed was--it didn't perform on a deer. My .223 also a Win mod 70 shoots very accurately with jacketed--but not cast. Is this a concern? No. I have a .222 and 22-250 that does shoot the cast bullet that I have a mold for. So even if I could make the .223 work---I think extra effort in the .222 or 22-250 would produce better results. Do I hunt with cast in .22?--Varmints only--like jackrabbits. My nephew and grandson have taken deer with my .222 using jacketed. My .222 is a Rem 600 and being smaller it fit the youngsters better. I have taken deer with my 22-250. I wouldn't feel undergunned using my .223 but past several deer Ive shot have been with my ..243--using jacketed bullets. I'll never try cast in .243 on a deer again. If I had a 6.5 that shot cast--I'd put it same catagory as my .243. So my question is still--what's the big deal if a 6.5 shoots cast?
ooopppsss---Joe I do see how I confused you. I did say my .243 with cast was dismal. What I intended was the performance was dismal. Many say for a good hunting round with cast it has to be atleast a .40 cal. Probably true, but I hunt with jacketed as I dont want the rainbow trajectory and shortened range even though I usually hold shots to under 200.

One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
carpetman there is a perception among some cast bullet shooters thast nothing short of 30 cal is sufficient for deer sized animals but my 7x57 has worked very well in this regard for me.
I use a softnosed 160gn bullet at 2400fps and get this type of expansion and 100% weight retention.Usable range is out to 250yds. Your 243 and the 6.5 for that ,matter would work similarily with a softnose. I thenk they are better than a partition.

Posted a bit about a hunt here

http://www.mausercentral.com/f...iewtopic.php?t=32271

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2685 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by carpetman1:
Joe--re-read my post. My .243 (Win mod 70)does very well with cast bullets and over a chronograph that seemed to be reading everything else accurately it showed much higher velocity than the book said. It showed 2900 fps when I expected 2400fps. Whatever the speed was--it didn't perform on a deer. My .223 also a Win mod 70 shoots very accurately with jacketed--but not cast. Is this a concern? No. I have a .222 and 22-250 that does shoot the cast bullet that I have a mold for. So even if I could make the .223 work---I think extra effort in the .222 or 22-250 would produce better results. Do I hunt with cast in .22?--Varmints only--like jackrabbits. My nephew and grandson have taken deer with my .222 using jacketed. My .222 is a Rem 600 and being smaller it fit the youngsters better. I have taken deer with my 22-250. I wouldn't feel undergunned using my .223 but past several deer Ive shot have been with my ..243--using jacketed bullets. I'll never try cast in .243 on a deer again. If I had a 6.5 that shot cast--I'd put it same catagory as my .243. So my question is still--what's the big deal if a 6.5 shoots cast?

Well Ray the 6.5 bullet carries more weight then the 243 does and it's .021 inch larger in diameter and that makes a difference. I wouldn't hesitate one second to use the 6.5 with cast on deer.

I feel you're judging the results from the one experience. Hard to tell what happen....too hard an alloy, too soft an alloy, what did the bullet really do when it was inside the deer. The jacketed 243 take deer very well so if you could come up with an alloy that and velocity that would give nice expansion and penetration I think the results would be favorable.

Ray I've had fun shooting groundhogs with my 6.5's and the added velocity and accuracy give me some good long range hunting. It does very well on them. Yes I know they are not deer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Von Gruff:
carpetman there is a perception among some cast bullet shooters thast nothing short of 30 cal is sufficient for deer sized animals but my 7x57 has worked very well in this regard for me.
I use a softnosed 160gn bullet at 2400fps and get this type of expansion and 100% weight retention.Usable range is out to 250yds. Your 243 and the 6.5 for that ,matter would work similarily with a softnose. I thenk they are better than a partition.

Posted a bit about a hunt here

http://www.mausercentral.com/f...iewtopic.php?t=32271

Von Gruff.

Nice work and that's very nice expansion on that bullet. The 7x57 is one of my favorate cast round and one of my first rifle rounds to use cast in.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Von Gruff-- I really wouldnt get anymore satisfaction using a cast bullet to hunt than I do using my reloaded jacketed bullets. For that reason I'd not go to the bother of casting a softnose and would still be reluctant to use it. True I did use the results of one bad experience to decide not to do it again.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
swheeler

The last telephone conversation I had with joe after he was banned on Cast Boolit forum we were actually getting along and agreeing on a lot of things. I had made considerable headway with the 6.5 Swede using 45 2.1's technique. Even though I had not equaled the accuracy joe claims nor the velocity he thought I was doing good. When I first saw this thread title I thought we would continue with 6,5 experiments/tests here. Obviously all he wants is a pissing contest and to rant at those who he percieves wronged him on the Cast Boolit Forum.

That is a shame as I've made some real progress with HV cast bullet loads (at least with the 3GB cast bullet) in the 6.5 Swede. I'm not about to claim the accuracy level joe does though. Mine is running about 1 1/2 to 2 moa with linear expansion of the group through 200 yards. Perhaps that is just as good as it will get with the 3GB bullet. Joe won't send me the Kurtz bullets as he has promised with which he claims such accuracy as 1/2 moa at 100 yards with 10 shot groups at 2385 fps so I don't really know. What I do know is I'm unable to get the same velocity or accuracy with a very similar (same weight, both Lovern designs) cast bullet using the same load in the same length barrels. I get around 200 fps less and only 1 1/2 moa 10 shot group average. I only state that as fact and joe then throws a temper tantrum as if I call him a liar...yadda...yadda...add nauseum. He's worse than the kidd who doesn't like the call and wants to take his football home.

Oh well, joe just wants to spout his usual vindictive personal attacks here for waht ever reason. However, it is plain to see that his reason is not to further anyone's knowledge of loading cast bullets. Seems all he wants to do is criticise everyone else and brag.

I'll call BS
bsflag

Larry Gibson

Larry; I won't waste much time on this thread as long as Starmental aka MaxPanye aka Smokinj is spouting his usual blowhard crap, honesty isn't one of his strong suits. What's he doing here anyways, I though he was banned her as well? I think Ken made a good decision for the board, maybe Saeed will also, we can only hope.Once someone is a known bullshitter then nothing they say carries any weight, that is Joe to a T. All I have to say to Starmental is bsflag

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by swheeler:
quote:
swheeler

I'll call BS
bsflag

Larry Gibson

Larry; I won't waste much time on this thread as long as Starmental aka MaxPanye aka Smokinj is spouting his usual blowhard crap, honesty isn't one of his strong suits. What's he doing here anyways, I though he was banned her as well? I think Ken made a good decision for the board, maybe Saeed will also, we can only hope.Once someone is a known bullshitter then nothing they say carries any weight, that is Joe to a T. All I have to say to Starmental is bsflag

That figures from a typical alcoholic that you Scot. Why don't you go crawl back into your bottle.

pissers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinJ:
quote:
Originally posted by swheeler:
quote:
swheeler

I'll call BS
bsflag

Larry Gibson

That figures from a typical alcoholic that you are Scot. Why don't you go crawl back into your bottle.

pissers

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, there you go everyone. Any one who disagrees with starmetal, aka smokinjoe, is denegrated with very childish name calling. What any of his ranting have to do with shooting cast bullets at HV is beyond conjecture. What he can't simply understand is that I do shoot cast bullets at HV and with respectable accuracy it is simply not where the best accuracy is found is all. With even the starting load using 3100 under the 3GB 6.5 cast bullet suggested by 45 2.1 would have killed deer (as if killing deer is the criteria for best accuracy) at 100 yards all day long, probably at 200 also. That load was only cranking 2800 fps at 60,000 psi and a mild 252,000 RPM dancing However, it wasn't shooting 1/2 moa with 10 shot groups so to joe that means I can't shoot. Yup, I guess I just can't shoot cast bullets at HV or high RPM...........

Not any real reason to continue with this as it only feeds his BS and lets him rant.

Any of you who really can shoot cast bullets with consistant accuracy at HV with any cartridge then let me know and we will have an intelligent discusion on how to do it. Unfortuneately an intelligent conversation or discusion is impossible with joe.

Larry Gibson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Larry,

not to hi-jack this thread or anything, but are your or any of your guys over there shooting a 30BR?

You can reply via PM if you wish...

thanks,

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Hey Larry,

not to hi-jack this thread or anything, but are your or any of your guys over there shooting a 30BR?

thanks,

Rich

Rich

I know of a couple and am sure there are probably more. I can ask if you like?

Larry Gibson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Idaho Sharpshooter:
Hey Larry,

thanks,

Rich

Rich,

Check this page and website out:

http://www.6mmbr.com/30BR.html

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the "Bug" to shoot VFS with a HiWall. I also got a box of 307 Win brass. I'd like to talk somebody into making me about half a dozen cases to piddle with.

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This thread hasnt had any new spins for a couple days--guess we exceeded the rpm threshold and got dizzy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awful quiet here from the "peanut gallery" after I posted my 2600 fps 1.5 moa groups (through 200 yards and I'm not foolish enough to claim 10 shot 1/2 moa groups either like "smokin'" is) over on the Cast Boolit Forum. It isn't all that hard to do, especially when the RPMs are controlled.

Larry Gibson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Awful quiet here from the "peanut gallery" after I posted my 2600 fps 1.5 moa groups (through 200 yards and I'm not foolish enough to claim 10 shot 1/2 moa groups either like "smokin'" is) over on the Cast Boolit Forum. It isn't all that hard to do, especially when the RPMs are controlled.

Larry Gibson

Few things: One it's quiet because it's difficult to argue with a narcissist. Second a narcissist and ex Army boy = can't shoot. Ask any Marine whether an Army boy can shoot. Next you didn't/can't do it, that is smaller then an inch group with the 6.5 at HV. Now for your 2600 fps BS try that with the cruise missile at 2873 big boy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obviously joe is "smokin'" again. That's the best he can come up with, childish name calling. Me thinks he just can't stand it when someone does something that he only claims to do.

Hey Joe, you going to send those bullets like you promissed? Probably not which leads us to believe your word is only as good as your charactor. I'm done with you here joe as I'm dne with you every where else. You can't keep your word, not much else to say.

Larry Gibson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obviously joe is "smokin'" again. That's the best he can come up with, childish name calling. Me thinks he just can't stand it when someone does something that he only claims to do.

Hey Joe, you going to send those bullets like you promissed? Probably not which leads us to believe your word is only as good as your charactor. I'm done with you here joe as I'm dne with you every where else. You can't keep your word, not much else to say.

Larry Gibson

Don't smoke or drink Larry. Never done drugs either, unless you call gunsmoke a drug.

I'm not the only one to have done it.

The name fits you...you have that type of personality trait...sorry but true. Other's have noticed it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Still playing eh,SmokinJ(aka Starmetal,MaxPayne,joe,old joe, et al,ad naus.) ..Those familiar with your "career"know the game is not serious till the death threats start... idabull

Posts: 142 | Location: USA | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by idabull:
Still playing eh,SmokinJ(aka Starmetal,MaxPayne,joe,old joe, et al,ad naus.) ..Those familiar with your "career"know the game is not serious till the death threats start... idabull

Hey Bill....are you threatening me? That's not like you?