Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Lube question
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Sundog:
What do you use to harden up FWFL & what application do you use for the harder lube...>>>>Don

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, and listen to Felix. I used this stuff for quite awhile before switching to FWFL exclusively. I sent the last of what I had to Blue Knight 2 or 3 years ago. But this is very good stuff. Shot literally thousands of rounds through alot of stuff with excellent results, including load development for military bolt matches. FWFL is better, though. That's all I use any more (other than a little Orange Magic once in a great while if I need a hard lube for something). When the Orange Magic runs out, I will make a FWFL of a hard variety that will need a heater for application. sundog

Posts: 287 | Location: Koweta Mission, OK | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
OLPdon, use parafin to make it harder or get ahold of Felix. If you use it in handguns leave it softer. I smear mine in the grooves by hand and run the boolits through a home made tube to remove excess. Works like a charm to 1800 fps.

Posts: 4068 | Location: Bakerton, WV | Registered: 01 September 2003Reply With Quote