New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buckshot mold
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Can anyone point me in the direction of a number 1 buckshot mold.
My brother has a shotgun in 16 ga that throws it tight and hard and he can't find them any more.
Thanks

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
go to ebay here http://cgi.ebay.com/00-Bucksho...&hash=item336502717a its a action for a OO mold. contact him and ask as he will do them in any size.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,Lloyd I will get ahold of him tomorrow.

Posts: 1371 | Location: Plains,TEXAS | Registered: 14 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Happy to say the mold is on the way.
Now what alloy to cast them little buggers out of.
I have some pure Linotype and wheel weights and some babbit to play with.
Any suggestions? dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by plainsman456:
Happy to say the mold is on the way.
Now what alloy to cast them little buggers out of.
I have some pure Linotype and wheel weights and some babbit to play with.
Any suggestions? dancing

I've been out of casting for some time. I don't remember the Pb, Sb, Sn ratios are for Linotype, Wheel Weights, etc.

But I'd suggest you try to duplicate Ballistic Products Super Buck. I think it has about 95% Pb/5% Sb. I don't think they use any tin.

Posts: 49226 | Registered: 21 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dpcd
posted Hide Post
Alloy? What difference does it make for buckshot? I would use whatever melts and casts that is mostly lead. Being hard(er) would be good, I think. Buck lacks penetration anyway.

Posts: 17118 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I wouldn’t waste Linotype on a shotgun buckshot load. It’s to valuable for making other home made alloys for real bullets.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If that is Lorina Babbitt I wouldn't play with her unless you know she is positive you are just playing.

Posts: 3806 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hunt-ducks
posted Hide Post
Start off using straight wheel weights then add.

Posts: 450 | Location: CA. | Registered: 15 May 2006Reply With Quote