Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

rcbs sizer?
 Login/Join

posted
does rcbs LUBEMATIC have a heater that you can get incase i start using hard lubes?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Midway used to sell a universal model. Drill your own holes and plug it in. My cheap-ass brother just scrounged a 12x12" piece of 1/2 cold roll and sticks his $2 iron he bought at goodwill on the back.
It works!

Rich

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Von Gruff
posted Hide Post
I use a heat gun for a few minutes before I start in the colder part of the year. Summer sun through window is enough.

Von Gruff.

Von Gruff.

http://www.vongruffknives.com/

Gen 12: 1-3

Exodus 20:1-17

Acts 4:10-12

Posts: 2684 | Location: South Otago New Zealand. | Registered: 08 February 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
thats a good idea i already have a heat gun

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
Go to the scrap yard buy a 12X6 1/4 piece of aluminium. Drill holes for sizer and bolt to table top. Use $2.00 Goodwill iron for heat source.
Alum. is a better conducter of heat.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
Lyman makes a heater that is already drilled and tapped to mount Lyman, RCBS, Saeco, and Star Lube. The drawback is it costs 50 bucks. Works great though.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Lyman Lubricator Heater works, but the only problem is that it is either "on" or "off" with no way to control the temperature other than plugging it in or out. It can get too hot and create a mess.

Look here for controller for $19.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/c...router+speed+control

This was designed to control speed on routers etc. but works well to control temperatures for the Lyman Lubricator Heater.

Barstooler

Posts: 876 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of budman461
posted Hide Post
i retired my rcbs lubrisizer when i found out how good liquid alox (lee) or xlox (whire label) lubes and lee's sizing dies were.

a $15 caliber change vs. a $16 die and $7 top punch for the $200 list lubrisizer was icing on the cake.

budman

ignorance is fixable, stupidity is forever

Posts: 23 | Location: n.central pennsylvania | Registered: 10 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i also have a lyman heater. i have had no problems with it. a definate positive is it does have universal holes for several luber sizers and comes with the attaching hardware to attach the lubersizer to the heater.
the only negative is like the above mentioned is no heat control and takes 15-20 minutes to heat up before you can start.

Posts: 41 | Location: everett,wash | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never used a lube that required a heater and I have lived in some cold climates. It is my understanding that the hard lubes are not as good but for commercial casters they work better in that the lube stays in during shipping and doesnt get on the other bullets as bad.

Posts: 3808 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote