New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lachmiller Sizer
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I've got an old Lachmiller sizer which, when I obtained it, still has a lump of hardened lube in the reservoir (but none around the sizing die chamber). What's a good way to get this old crud out without resorting to a blowtorch? Isn't this sizer the same as the current RCBS sizer (I need an owner's manual)?

one of us
posted Hide Post
An easy, but messy way of removing the old lube is to first remove the piston (I think you just remove the top cap and then turn the 6-sided post clockwise until the piston clears.) submerge the entire machine in a large pot of boiling water and boil it out or flush it out with boiling water. As for an instruction manual, telephone RCBS and request one.

Posts: 480 | Location: N.Y. | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Without the die in, set the thing over a waste basket and put a heat lamp close to the body of the sizer. It will melt out in a fairly short time. Don't go off and leave it unattended or it will get really hot.

posted Hide Post
Place it over the trash can lined with old newspaper and use the wifes hair dryer. Most are hot enough to melt the old lube after a bit of time./beagle

Posts: 5 | Location: Lexington, Ky,USA | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote