The Accurate Reloading Forums
Lachmiller Sizer

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1811043/m/691108812

28 February 2005, 19:30
Locoweed
Lachmiller Sizer
I've got an old Lachmiller sizer which, when I obtained it, still has a lump of hardened lube in the reservoir (but none around the sizing die chamber). What's a good way to get this old crud out without resorting to a blowtorch? Isn't this sizer the same as the current RCBS sizer (I need an owner's manual)?
28 February 2005, 23:31
Paul Brasky
An easy, but messy way of removing the old lube is to first remove the piston (I think you just remove the top cap and then turn the 6-sided post clockwise until the piston clears.) submerge the entire machine in a large pot of boiling water and boil it out or flush it out with boiling water. As for an instruction manual, telephone RCBS and request one.
01 March 2005, 00:48
45 2.1
Without the die in, set the thing over a waste basket and put a heat lamp close to the body of the sizer. It will melt out in a fairly short time. Don't go off and leave it unattended or it will get really hot.
04 March 2005, 19:06
John Goins
Place it over the trash can lined with old newspaper and use the wifes hair dryer. Most are hot enough to melt the old lube after a bit of time./beagle