Find
Notify
Tools

meister hard cast bullets?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
hi
is there anybody out there who had used their bullets and can tell me about their perfomance?
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Danny, I've never tried any, but have become increasingly leary of any company advertising thier bullets as hard cast. What is thier definition of hard cast? And do you really need hard cast for your application? Most seem to run under size for many bores, and try to make up for a poor fit with a harder bullet. SO much better to make your own that you have control over.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
I have been tempted several times to purchase some of their 400's to test in the 405. I am not into bullet casting (YET! [Eek!] ) and dont have a lot of interest in gettin started as i dont have the time.

Might go ahead and buy some...

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I dont comment on something I dont know so Ill tell you that MT baldy bullets are good and Cast performace bullets are good. I ususally use my own and these are two of the best boughten bullets ive found.

Posts: 1404 | Location: munising MI USA | Registered: 29 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been using their 500 gr. RNFP over BP in my Sharps with good results. When I do my part they can produce cloverleaf groups at 100 yds. When I'm "off" they shoot no better or worse than anything else.

Posts: 733 | Location: N. Illinois | Registered: 21 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have use Meister Bullets and have found them a good product for the money. They are not like the Cast Preformance quality. They ar one of the better mass producers that I have found. I think I have approx 2000 of their bullets on hand right now. I do use Cast Pro or Beartooth for hunting purpose.

Hcliff

Posts: 305 | Location: Green Bay, WI | Registered: 09 September 2002Reply With Quote