THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CAST BULLET FORUM

Moderators: Paul H
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Who would like a Lyman 452423 mold ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Quote:

Quote:

Why not work up the design for a Lee 6 cavity mould and turn it over to Midsouth Shooters? Pricing from them would be the same as other special order moulds at around $35.

I just spoke with Midsouth. They only special order Lee molds that are in the Lee catalog. They do not do special orders of a new design. When I told her what I had in mind she said I would have to go directly to Lee.

After reading this I called Midsouth also. Perhaps the person you spoke to didn't understand the question. After I explained to the guy what was wanted - (a special order mould of new design with a min quantity order of 25) he talked to purchasing a couple times, the answer was yes.

After the design is finished and Lee says all is cool then the design can be turned over to Midsouth. Midsouth will place the mould on thier web page, and after 25 moulds have been committed to (at normal Lee 6 cavity prices - about $35) they will order from Lee.

Perhaps Oldfeller or 45.2.1 will chime in as they've been thru the process.

BTW, while the 45 BD bullet isn't on the page, they still do have it and carry it (go far enough on thier page to see the drawings and you'll see it there). I also noticed the 6 cavity 8mm mould is now listed as a single cavity.

Posts: 80 | Location: West Central WI | Registered: 02 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Charger,
Never thought for a minute you were 'wrong' just figgered that we looking at variations or different interpetations of a 'Keith' mould. Heck, I have three Lee 405 HB moulds that range in weight from 385 to 430 grains. These were purchased over a two year period. Called Lee and they said that they never changed that design. Go figger.
Brian

Posts: 16 | Location: Gardnerville, Nv | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote