Find
Notify
Tools

....some linotype...ALL SPF
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Alberta Canuck
posted
Because of impending relocation to another state within the next 4 weeks, I want to sell 500 pounds or more of pure, genuine, linotype, in 26 pound (nominally) "pigs".

This is great stuff for either enriching lower quality alloys by adding more tin and antimony to the lower quality stuff, or for casting rifle bullets to be shot at up to about 2,300 fps as is. I have done much of both with it in my own shooting.

I am not willing to ship it, so realize I have a very limited potential market. But if anyone wants to do face to face purchases in Roseburg, Oregon, I'll meet them right on the I-5 corridor with the stuff.

Price is $0.60 per pound, or $55 per 100 pounds or more. Minimum sale will be one "pig". I have about 700-750 pounds available. All sales are by actual weight, so I will bring an accurate electronic scale with me so you can weigh the "pigs" yourself at the time of sale.

Anyone interested in doing a deal, please PM me to make the arrangements.

Thank you,

AC

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of johnch
posted Hide Post
OMG do I wish you were closer

I would have taken it all

But allas way to long of a road trip to pick it up

John

NRA life
Delta
Pheasants Forever
DU
Hunt as if your life depended on your results

Posts: 591 | Location: NW ,Ohio 10 Min from Ottawa NWR | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Down south
posted Hide Post
Dang, I would have took a load of it too if you were willing to ship.

Posts: 64 | Location: Texas | Registered: 09 August 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I sure hope ypou put this on the Cast Boolits Forum.

That will solve your linotype problem post haste.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4231 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent Mark from Springfield.

Posts: 210 | Location: Willamette Valley | Registered: 11 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of fredj338
posted Hide Post
Definitely a steal at that price AC.

LIFE IS NOT A SPECTATOR'S SPORT!

Posts: 7752 | Location: kalif.,usa | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, it is a good price. I paid more than that per pound for it when I bought two tons of it 17 years ago.

I can't ship it because I am no longer physically able to package it and then move it to the shippers.

Without packaging, some pigs inevitably tend to get stolen enroute regardless who the commercial carrier is, and I won't be living here long enough to follow up with a theft/damages claim.

I'm a little surprised none of the California cast bullet shooters have pooled some gas money and sent somone up I-5 to make a "group" buy. I'm only less than 500 miles north of Sacramento, straight shot on the interstate all the way. Lots of those guys commute to work way more than that in a week.

A very nice fellow you all know from AZ did drive up and buy my 600 pound capacity furnace and about 100 pounds of lino....he wanted it all but at that time I wasn't planning to move so I kept over a ton.

It won't be on the Cast Boolits forum, as I don't post anything anywhere but here at the AR forums.

But, I've rented a 16' truck to take my other gun stuff to AZ with me and tow my car when I go, so if need be, the lino can go along too.

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

Posts: 9685 | Location: Cave Creek 85331, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I am in oregon and Im interested in some of your lino.What part of oregon are you in?...Robin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Robin Church:
I am in oregon and Im interested in some of your lino.What part of oregon are you in?...Robin

Robin,this quote from my start of the thread covers that....

"I am not willing to ship it, so realize I have a very limited potential market. But if anyone wants to do face to face purchases in Roseburg, Oregon, I'll meet them right on the I-5 corridor with the stuff."

I live 8 miles east of I-5, but will willingly drive it to the interstate and meet any buyers at the entrance to the Roseburg Rod & Gun Club. That is on Del Rio Road right at the Interstate, at the Winchester Exit 5 miles north of Roseburg. The gun club borders both the interstate, and the intersection of the interstate and Del Rio.

If you want to do a deal PM me and let me know how much you want and when, so I can set it aside for you. I will arrange to meet you via a PM response back to you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am headed out to Newport on Friday morning for the long weekend. How close are you to there?

I'd like some.

Rich
DRSS

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I dont know how I missed the roseburg thing.Im quite aways north of you and Im not headed that way soon.Id be interested in hearing from anyone near the portland or even salem area going down for some of this lino.I would be willing to sport some gas money if you wanted to pick me up some and meet me up here...Robin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent. I will be in Eugene Friday and could come down to pick some up if you have any left.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Orygun Mark's assistance, it is all sold pending funds.

If that deal falls thru next Monday, I'll advise those who have expressed interest.

Matthewx, you are next in line (based on your PM) if the current deal goes south.

AC

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks,

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just thought I'd let you guys know...the deal for all my linotype went through today as scheduled. I now have none for sale.

Out of the 700 lbs I thought I had available, I decided to keep 200 lbs. for myself. Then the buyer and I weighed the remainder for him.

Turns out the amount remaining was 1,095.4 lbs!! He still took it all, which was fine with me.

Orygun Mark...he picked up and paid for your lino too and should have it in your hands soon. Thanks again for your help.

AC

My country gal's just a moonshiner's daughter, but I love her still.

posted Hide Post
Thank you, Alberta Canuck, for the linotype. I appreciate the bullet metal, and enjoyed the visit. I wish you well on your move.

That was quite the load for my little Toyota pickup, but we made it home just fine. This might be nearly a lifetime supply for me, even after Mark picks up his.