New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buckshot..Austrian Results
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Buckshot..okay just got in from shooting. With all the work I done on the Austrian it put 20 shots this time into about that same 2 inch group the last ten did at 100 yds. I believe it can do better but because of my failing eyesight I can't.
I have a 7 inch square bulleyes with a 3 inch square white center to try help me place that front sight consistant. You already know that I have peep sights on it and another thing I had done was mig welded the front sight higher to bring the bullet impact down some. I have a very fine point on the tip of it, but the tip is flat not a sharp point. I also shot my Yugo 8mm mauser and the Austrian out shot it. Let me know your opinion on all this. Oh the trigger is really nice now. Not sure if the glassbedding helped or not and the barrel is pretty much free floating.

Joe

one of us
posted Hide Post
........Starmetal, I would say in all honesty that anytime one can generate a 2" 10 shot group at 100 yards with iron sights, a surplus military rifle and trigger, then they are doing something right! :-)

Couple this with the very short sight radius of the M95 Steyr carbine and you're going some. I certainly hope I might do as well, although I don't expect to. I'd be overjoyed to, I just don't EXPECT to, HA!

I have seen on inumerable occasions where new scope sighted game rifles are not much better then this. And a couple being worse.

Excellent work my friend!

.........Buckshot

Posts: 119 | Location: Redlands, Calif | Registered: 21 August 2003Reply With Quote